Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Hays
Your new company
A newly formed SME who have experienced rapid growth over the past 12 months are looking to recruit a HR professional to implement and manage HR function to compliment recent and projected growth of the business.
Your new role
The HR Advisor is responsible for managing day to day employee and manager HR queries, administering contractual HR documentation, and delivering excellent service standards to both internal and external stakeholders. As this is a newly created role to work with a growing business, there will be a need to create, implement and maintain HR policies, processes, documents and systems. In addition, will lead on HR projects and casework as directed by the Senior Management Team. The post-holder will take ownership of day to day operational issues, finding effective resolution or escalation as appropriate. The HR Advisor will be expected to liaise effectively with both managers, employees, external candidates and suppliers, providing a proactive and professional approach to HR service delivery. Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Administer contractual documentation including; offer letters, contracts, leavers and change letters
* Advise managers on ER related matters, providing support and coaching if required
* Manage the priorities of the HR function, providing direction and support to ensure effective delivery of deadlines
* Support the Senior Management team with the implementation of HR strategy and projects
* Manage HR documentation and systems, ensuring documents are accurate, up to date, and reflect branding and standards
* Undertake HR casework as directed by the Senior Management Team, liaising with external HR and legal advisors as required.
* Produce monthly reporting for the SMT; including absence, headcount and turnover metrics
* Responsible for calculating annual leave for maternity leavers and returners, leavers, in addition changes to hours
* Ensure departmental GDPR compliance and report breeches or risks directly to the SMT if necessary
* Update and maintain the HRM system, ensuring a 'point of truth' for all HR data
* Develop, maintain and update HR policies and procedures in accordance with current employment law regulations and guidelines
* Recruitment - candidate attraction, building a pipeline of candidates. Carrying out pre-screening and face to face interviews where relevant and ensuring hires have eligibility and references in place.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have 2-3 years experience in HR and be at least CIPD level 5 qualified.
Qualifications and Experience
* Be qualified at a minimum level of CIPD Level 5 (E)
* Strong knowledge of employment law and experience of appropriate application or escalation (E)
* Strong experience of working as a HR generalist (E)
* Self-directed, with the ability to problem solve and use initiative
* Ability to work to strict deadlines in a high-pressured environment
* Proficiency in all Microsoft packages, particularly Excel (D)
What you'll get in return
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is keen to forge and develop a career in HR. Be part of implementing a HR function in its entirety and evolve with the business as it continues to grow.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Options Resourcing Ltd