Supervisor / Team Leader
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Mears
Mears are the UK's leading provider of repairs and maintenance services to landlords, local authorities and registered providers, delivering over 6,000 repairs every day to a portfolio of 1,000,000 homes nationwide.
To succeed in this role you will need to know your SMSTS from your SSSTS and be well versed leading, supervising and controlling the daily contract activity, ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget.
The successful Supervisor will need to be an excellent communicator with the ability to enthuse, motivate and negotiate. Ideally you will have an experience leading a team alongside having a commitment to continuous service improvement.
As a supervisor, you will be responsible for achieving and exceeding deadlines under pressure as well as delivering on the following objectives:
- Meeting with and building client relationships through meetings and by providing a quality service to quality standards.
- supervising operatives to deliver contract requirements, including planning workloads and diaries, allocation of works to operatives, maintaining appointments, monitoring progress, monitoring the quality of work and directing work so that it is completed safely and within contract timescales.
- Overall stewardship for everything Health and Safety.
- supervising the site on a day-to-day basis, including supervising the labour force, monitoring subcontractors, checking materials, inspecting work and overseeing quality control.
- monitor the use of all plant, materials and vehicles. Ensuring at all times the correct use and maintenance of these items to maximise efficiency and minimise costs.
- Writing reports through IT and MS office package including staff appraisals.
If this job appeals to you, we would love to hear from you! Follow the application process to complete your application towards building a better future for yourself and a better life for our local community and the In-House Recruitment team will be in touch.
Reed Human Resources
Reed Human Resources