Graduate Electrical Engineer - Buildings
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Arup
Arup is one of the world's leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
Our Electrical Building Services Engineers apply their specialist skills to buildings projects across the globe. We offer our clients a broad spectrum of expertise and consulting services in, but not limited to, buildings, transportation, data centres, commercial and residential developments.
What you'll be doing
You'll be involved in:
- Providing support to team members to deliver an effective and professional service to our clients
- Due to the multi-disciplinary nature of our design teams, you will be working alongside experts from many disciplines, including structural, mechanical and environmental services engineers, acousticians, fire engineers as well as external collaborators including architects and quantity surveyors
Our projects often require us to have a presence on site or to work closely with our clients in co-located offices. This means that it is helpful to us if you are sometimes able to work at other locations in the UK, depending on the needs of our projects.
What we look for
Our Graduate Electrical Engineers will demonstrate drive and motivation, a willingness to learn about our sector, and a desire to deliver excellent service to our clients.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world's greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations