Graduate Mechanical Engineer - Buildings
Posted on Dec 18, 2018 by Arup
Arup is one of the world's leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
Our Mechanical Engineers apply their specialist skills to buildings projects across the globe. From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts and our team of bright professionals where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
What you'll be doing
You will provide support to team members to deliver an effective and professional service to our clients. Due to the multi-disciplinary nature of our design teams, you will have the opportunity to work alongside experts in the following fields: Electrical Engineers, Environmental Services Engineers, Structural Engineers, Architects, Fire Engineers, Acousticians, Cost Consultants and Project Managers.
Typical responsibilities may include:
- Designing, calculating and specifying building services systems, including heating, ventilation and cooling
- Working with building users and clients to agree design briefs that respond to users' needs
- Designing environmental and energy strategies and master plans
- Preparing sketches, drawings and models
- Carrying out visual surveys and investigations
What we look for
We encourage our Graduate Mechanical Engineers to demonstrate creative problem solving, innovation, drive and motivation, a keen interest in buildings and the built environment, and a desire to effectively deliver an excellent service to our clients.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world's greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations