Retail Graduate Program
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Amazon
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and also where employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results.
The Amazon EU Student Programs Team are looking for self-starters with a passion for e-commerce, looking to expand their retail skillset and shape the way the biggest brands work with Amazon.
As a Retail Graduate, you will help provide a suite of services designed to support Amazon's most strategic brands working across all key areas of retail business. You will work with vendors supplying the top brands on Amazon, acting as the main point of contact for them. Your priority will be to work backwards from the customer, identifying inputs to grow your brands and improve their performance. You will do this while facilitating great business relationships and ensuring vendors' satisfaction with the service.
Retail Graduates work on a variety of tasks for the vendors they support, typically falling within the five focus areas. These include but are not limited to:
- Business Advice: Providing business advice based on deep financial analysis and reporting, to identify areas of opportunities and providing recommendations to improve sales and margin
- Selection: Helping grow the selection of products by managing the launch of new products and improving product discoverability
- Availability: Support driving process improvement and operational excellence within our vendor community by reducing costs, defects, and lead times, while increasing innovation
- Traffic: Analyzing traffic channels and working on initiatives to generate traffic by supporting the development, execution of marketing and merchandising campaigns
- Conversion: Planning and executing promotional activities and improving customer journey on Amazon
As a new graduate you will go through induction training before joining your team. You will drive your own learning and development with guidance and coaching from your manager, buddy and colleagues around you. Not to mention the excellent long-term development prospects you'd expect from one of the world's leading online businesses.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Own the relationship end-to-end with vendors
- Partner internally with key retail functions to contribute to the definition of priorities and operational goals according to the brands' needs
- Define joint business plans and assist in delivering impact for the brands you support directly
- Regularly audit metrics to continually drive quality of the Retail experience and deliver targets
- Contribute to continuous enhancement and innovation within Retail across EU
- Bachelor's/Master's degree
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English
- Knowledge in MS Office programs as Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Analytical skills
- Planning, prioritization and time-management skills
- Ability to communicate efficiently
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in financial analysis, retail buying, retail planning & allocation, product/project management, marketing, consulting, negotiation or supply chain is a plus
- Experience using analytical specific tools such as Google Analytics, SQL or HTML is a plus
- Bachelor's or Master's studies within Engineering, Commerce, Business administration or similar field is preferred
- Achieved or aiming to achieve a 2.1 and above degree
- A second European language is a plus (verbal and written)
Application and Assessment Process
Eligible candidates will be invited to attend an online assessment and successful candidates will be invited to attend a video interview. The final stage of the selection process will be a full day assessment centre based at one of Amazon's offices. This selection process is subject to change but you will be notified if any changes are made.
Our Deadline is 18th January, 2019. We encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.