Graduate Venue Consultant
Posted on Dec 16, 2018 by Arup
Arup is one of the world's leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
Arup provides theatre and venue consultancy to arts venues and building design teams, working closely with architects, engineers and theatre technicians. Projects range from small extensions to school or community arts facilities, important in our local communities, to the design of new building international theatre and concert venues. We help clients achieve their aspirations in venues by guiding projects from conception and planning through design, construction, testing and commissioning.
The Graduate Consultant will work with Arup's theatre/venue consulting team to undertake engineering designs, provide high-quality design information and support technical installations through construction, commissioning and early operation.
What you'll be doing
You'll join a team of bright venues professionals and community of experts, closely linked with our colleagues around the globe, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
Under the guidance of experienced engineers and practitioners, you'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients and will undertake design and consultancy.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Audio Visual systems including production sound, video and projection
- Digital performance technical infrastructure
- Stage engineering
- Production lighting and lighting control systems
- Performing arts centre planning
- Auditorium planning
- Undertake calculations, drawings and modelling of theatre technical systems
- Technical document preparation and presentation for clear communication with design teams and users
The role is part of a team of specialists, where the graduate would learn and develop skills across all areas.
What we look for
We're looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical know-how. If you can combine these skills with a practical understanding of the performing arts and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we'd like to hear from you.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world's greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations
Creative Personnel Limited