Gradaute Development Programme - Project Management (Consultancy)
Posted on Dec 15, 2018 by Mace
We provide a full spectrum of project management services, whether it is advising a client on a new and evolving idea, preparing a business case or developing an organisational framework capable of delivering huge business transformation.
Client focus is at the heart of what we do. Our first step is to identify and fully understand what our clients are trying to achieve - we get under the skin of their vision, goals and values so we can realise them in the project or programme.
As an agile, focused and flexible partner we adopt a value-driven strategy to define and articulate project objectives, before identifying the most effective means to deliver.
Regardless of the scale or complexity of a project, we employ and refine our systems and processes to provide control, governance and transparency from inception to completion. In every decision we make, we challenge and work diligently to find the most efficient and cost-effective outcome.
As a graduate in Project Management, you will work closely with clients and consultants delivering projects through all stages of the construction lifecycle. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working with clients to establish their needs
- Preparing tender documents
- Contributing to the project execution plan, including the logistics planning and scheduling
- Working closely with the design team from concept to delivery of contractor documentation
- Working closely with the project team and cost managers to ensure all strategies implemented work effectively and efficiently
- Monitoring project progress and preparing progress reports to update relevant parties
- Monitoring and reporting on budgets and cash flow
- Monitoring any potential risks to the project and looking for mitigations where possible
- Monitoring and reviewing of health and safety practices
- Providing general support and assistance to the Project Manager.
Your work base will be flexible and could be in one of Mace offices, at a client's office or facility, or in a designer's studio. You will gain exposure to all aspects of project delivery from concept design, through to construction, commissioning, validation handover and into operation
Professional qualification routes
Graduates working in project management will be supported in working towards their professional qualification with either the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE), depending on your degree.
- A minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree (expected or obtained). Construction-related degrees are preferred but we will consider high quality applications from graduates who have studied non-construction related degrees
- 240 UCAS points and Grade C in GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications).
- Evidence of significant extra-curricular activities that demonstrate drive and excellent interpersonal skills
- A passion for a career in the construction industry.