Marketing Graduate Scheme
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Philips
The Personal Health team is united in its mission to develop meaningful innovations that deliver on the real needs of people around the world. With a focus on health and well-being, Philips Personal Health products are used throughout the home, from the kitchen to the nursery, and from morning to night. Whether inspiring a sense of style with its award-winning shaving and grooming products or helping parents feed their babies more naturally with its #1 mum recommended Philips AVENT baby bottle; we are continuously looking for new and better ways to deliver against the needs of families and individuals through insight-driven innovation, accelerated operational excellence, and by having the best people in the industry to lead the charge.
On the marketing graduate scheme, you will rotate between two or more of the following teams:
- Marketing Management - Understand and research a wide variety of markets and help devise strategies to best launch Philips' latest
- Digital - develop a thorough understanding of our consumer and serving them relevant content
- Trade Shopper Marketing - enable us to meet our sales and marketing goals by focusing on the shopper, how we can drive conversion and increase basket size.
- Consumer Engagement - fulfil our vision to memorable care experiences that build brand preference, a positive social buzz and long term value
You are a part of
The Philips Graduate Programme, which is designed to discover future leaders and incorporate you into the Philips business where your new ideas and passion will shape the Philips business of tomorrow. You will have strong support networks with business managers, mentors and current graduates who have gone through the programme before. You will be supported with a comprehensive personal development and training plan over the two year scheme.
Although you will be globally mobile, you will initially be based at our UK headquarters in Guildford, Surrey. You may occasionally be required to travel locally and sometimes abroad. Our headquarters in Guildford is a vibrant and exciting (professionally and socially) place to be based. Besides working within your individual teams and Sectors, you will network with the wider organization.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following:
- Minimum 2:1 degree in any degree (Bachelors or Masters)
- You will have long term career ambitions for leadership roles in a commercial areas such Sales, Marketing, Operations or Strategy
- You will have first class communication, planning and organizational skills
- You will demonstrate a high level of energy, drive and passion in pursuing work objectives and a total commitment to achieving successful outcomes.
- You will be adaptable and socially confident, enabling you to build strong relationships quickly, which will be key to your success. In essence, you will already be naturally demonstrating our behaviors of Eager to win, Take Ownership and Team up to Excel. This will be evidenced by your academic and extra curricular activities.
In return, we offer you
Philips is quick to recognize emerging talent and nurture success. If you are passionate about what you do and determined to be successful we will support you and your career development. There are no wrong questions at Philips and we challenge our employees and graduates alike to ask and learn. Philips is rapidly evolving which creates an exciting and vibrant work environment.
In addition to a competitive salary, you will also have access to a comprehensive flexible benefits package including 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays), pension plan, learning and development opportunities through Philips University amongst others. The Philips Employee Shop allows employees to buy Philips products at discounted prices and there is a subsidised café promoting healthy eating and wellbeing at the Guildford site. There is also an active Social Events - a dedicated Sports & Social committee promoting a host of social events throughout the year including the famous Family Sports Day at Surrey Sports Park.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Please apply online as early as possible by submitting your CV (inclusive of all grades and dates) and covering letter. If you are progressed through this stage, you will be asked to attend a telephone or Skype interview. Following this the final stage will be interviews in early 2019 ahead of the September start. Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be assessed on a first come first served basis.