Live-in Personal Assistant for Disabled Uni Students
Posted on Jul 26, 2022 by Askjules.co.uk
Graduate Opportunity to support University Student
AskJules are recruiting on behalf of our client, a 21-year-old university student and wheelchair user with cerebral palsy.
Our client is looking to recruit a PA to assist him during the week. The right candidate will be able to support the client with his university studies, as well as support the client more generally with his everyday life.
Pay: a live-in rate of £180 a day and additional hours at £12.00 per hour. An indicative week (Monday 8 am - Wednesday 8 pm) might include 2 live-in shifts plus 12 hours (£504 p/w, £26,200 p/a). Hours are negotiable for the right candidate.
Work will be between the University campus, and the client s house in Macclesfield.
Holidays: 5.6 weeks holiday pro-rata.
About Our Client:
- Completes his university studies part-time to ensure he has time to do other things he likes, such as visiting museums and going to the cinema.
- Studies History in Manchester, focussing on Modern European History.
- Enjoys gaming, reading, and creative writing.
- Has a great sense of humour and a positive attitude to life.
About the Job
Duties would include:
- Notetaking and supporting in lectures and seminars, assisting the client to research and draft their essays, and helping the client prioritise workload.
- Supporting our client with all aspects of his life, including practical assistance both in the house and on trips out.
- Driving - applicants must hold a full driving licence as our client has use of his own adapted vehicle.
- Light housework and preparation of food.
- Providing personal care.
- Assisting our client to care for his dog.
Previous care experience is not required as full training will be given.
About You You will need to be:
- A university graduate.
- Motivated and enthusiastic.
- A good timekeeper.
- Reliable and organised and maintain excellent standards.
- Flexible and hardworking.
- A good conversationalist but also a good listener.
- Able to work within a team on occasion but also have the confidence to work unsupervised eventually.
- Fluent in English.
- Of smart appearance and have a sense of pride in your work.
- Calm, patient and caring with a friendly approach and a good sense of humour.
You will be fully trained prior to starting, so previous experience of this type of work is not required
You must be able to respect our client's privacy and have an understanding of the need for confidentiality in all areas of your work.
If you would like to apply for this position, please describe your interests and why you would be suitable in your covering letter.
AskJules are agents for university students with physical disabilities who choose to employ like-minded Personal Assistants to provide their personal, academic and social support.
AskJules is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. All applicants must be willing to undergo the appropriate screening, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.