Pupillage - Graduate scheme
Posted on Dec 18, 2018 by 3 Paper Buildings
Applicants should be able to demonstrate intellectual ability, excellent communication/advocacy skills, and an ability to work under pressure as well as flexibility of thinking, sound judgement and good interpersonal skills. It is also desirable for candidates to be able to demonstrate an interest in and commitment to specialist practice and achievements beyond educational.
Funding at present is £15,000 award in the first six (non-taxable) and £15,000 guaranteed earnings. This is presently under review.
3PB Pupillage Advantages
We offer our pupils:
- Close monitoring
- Significant court work
- Full IT provision with dedicated email and direct fax address
- Travel expenses for travel on Chambers' business
- Regular internal training and two annual symposia ["Welcome" and "On your feet"]
- Attendance at relevant training courses, funded by Chambers
- "Life swaps" with pupils from other Centres
- The "merry-go-round" structured training days in all other centres
- Interest free loans
- Access to a formal grievance procedure
- Support and encouragement.
We select pupils on ability and potential alone, without regard to disability, gender, race, age, and sexual orientation or political affiliation. Our selection process aims to be rigorous and fair, and to comply with the Bar Council Pupillage Guidelines and Equality Code. We will make reasonable adjustments for any person with a disability or who has caring responsibilities. Our initial paper sift is anonymous and we disregard which university was attended. We also disregard A Level results. However, we place great weight on intellectual ability and achievement and it is unlikely that you will be chosen for a first interview unless you can demonstrate this.