Tenancy Support Officer - Teesside
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Nacro
Tenancy Support Officer
Job type - Full time, permanent
Salary - £19,202 per annum + Benefits
Hours - 35 hours per week (+ 5 hours paid lunch)
Location - Teeside, Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Stockton and County Durham
We are a national social justice charity with more than 50 years' experience of changing lives, building stronger communities and reducing crime. Last year alone we helped support, house, educate, advise and speak out for 38,000 disadvantaged young people and adults - and you could now help us make an even bigger impact going forward.
Who we are looking for?
We are searching for a Tenancy Support Officer to cover the Teeside, Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Stockton and County Durham areas to provide intensive housing management support to vulnerable individuals and/or families. This will be with the intention of providing a successful and sustainable move on process and other measurable outcomes.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing tenure and the completion of tenure documentation including taking appropriate action in line with legal requirements and policy.
- An understanding of Welfare reform and the impact it will have on the client group.
- Being responsible for the whole life cycle of tenants going through the Nacro Housing Agency process; this will start at referral and all the way through to move on accommodation.
- You'll support users with managing their accommodation including home safety, reporting repairs, keeping their home clean, access with benefits, paying their rent as well as help when engaging with support services.
- You'll be required to attend multi agency meetings when required.
We are really looking for someone who has previously worked within a housing or support environment, looking to make a difference with our service users and ready to take on their next challenge.
A DBS check will be required for this role.
A full driving licence and own vehicle is required to be successful in this role.
Please Apply Online.