Assistant Support Coordinator
Posted on Dec 19, 2018 by Nacro
Assistant Support Co-ordinator
Job type - Full time, Permanent
Salary - £19,994 per annum + Benefits (Pro Rata)
Hours - 22 hours per week 08:00 - 22:00 on a rota basis, 7 days a week including bank holidays.
Location - Harlow (and wider area)
We are a national social justice charity with more than 50 years' experience of changing lives, building stronger communities and reducing crime. Last year alone we helped support, house, educate, advise and speak out for 38,000 disadvantaged young people and adults - and you could now help us make an even bigger impact going forward.
Who we are looking for?
We are searching for Assistant Support Co-ordinators for young people within Harlow, Epping , Loughton, Templemead, Waltham Abbey and Buckhurst Hill. Your role will be to improve the lives of young people using the service by providing direct housing related support services in conjunction with Nacro housing and property management. You'll be working with external agencies with the aim of achieving successful move on and other measurable outcomes. There may also be a requirement to work on your own, within the community or within the service setting.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Carry out initial assessment of the potential or actual service user, including any risks, or his/her needs and requirements in respect of the service on offer.
- Maintain contact on a regular basis with service users in accordance with the requirements of the service. This includes maintaining a professional relationship and being a good role model to service users.
- Risk assess and take the necessary actions in respect of any activities with service users including personal safety.
- Develop relationships with appropriate external groups/agencies in support of services users' needs and requirements.
- Respond to internal or external complaints promptly, challenging any anti-social behaviour and reporting any risks.
- Ideally you will have worked within a support environment but this is not essential.
A DBS check will be required for this role.
A full driving licence and own vehicle is needed to be successful in this role.
Please Apply Online via the button below.
The Dove Partnership
Reed Human Resources