ECHO Account Manager
Posted on Dec 17, 2018 by SAVE THE CHILDREN-5
We are looking for a strategic and entrepreneurial thinker to join us as Account Manager to support us in managing our relationships with EU, DFID, French Government and other institutions, such as Power of Nutrition, etc. This role will be working focusing on achieving our strategic objectives across various accounts in line with the 3-year strategy and annual work planning.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our Global Programmes division delivers humanitarian and development programmes, builds partnerships with institutional donors - including governments, multi-laterals and trusts - and drives lasting change. Together, we save children's lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
As Account Manager your role will be crucial in driving and leveraging our global partnership with a number of institutional partners, maximising both funding and influence. You will support in defining strategic objectives for the new strategy period and what success looks like for some of our new partnerships. You will develop and lead the implementation of a robust workplan with tangible KPIs. In addition, you will:
- Secure and support the buy-in of critical stakeholders from across the organisation and movement to contribute to our engagement with various partners
- Ensure funding applications provide maximum added value and in line with our strategic objectives
- Support Regional and Country offices in engagement efforts with key partners locally
- Monitor progress of accounts, identify risks and recommend mitigation mechanisms
- Support on the development and delivery of donor specific capacity building plans
To be successful you will have experience and an education relating to the INGO sector and experience of working with institutional donors, trusts and foundations. You will also have experience of undertaking industry trend and client specific research and have strong analytical skills. Strategic skills in account development and market assessment are also essential, along with a strong understanding of project design, quality programming, monitoring and quality delivery. In addition you will have:
- Excellent coordination and relationship building skills in relation to forming and maintaining both internal and external relationships at a variety of levels
- The ability to deal with competing demands, work well under pressure and maintain fruitful collaboration with a large range of stakeholders
- The ability to take a proactive approach and work your own initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively and with impact
- Willingness and ability to travel.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website via the button below.
Closing date: 18 December 2018
Benson Price Consultants Ltd
Rule Recruitment Ltd
Wild Berry Associates