Schools Engagement and Fundraising Manager
Posted on Dec 14, 2018 by ARK SCHOOLS
Schools Engagement & Fundraising Manager
Salary - £35,000-40,000 per annum + 11% employer contribution to pension
Contract - Full time (37.5 hours a week / permanent contract)
Location - Holborn, London
Closing date for applications - 9am on 02 January 2019
Ark is an education charity that aims to give every child, regardless of their background, the best start in life. We have a network of 38 schools in England, educating around 26,000 pupils in areas where we can make the biggest difference, and we incubate start-ups that improve the education system.
In this role you will predominantly support Ark's schools to improve their fundraising, and community engagement. You will provide guidance and advice to schools, while taking into consideration their individual context. While our schools are part of the Ark network, each have their own distinct needs and you will be responsible for ensuring these are understood and feed back to the central Ark team.
You must be able to work with multiple stakeholders and teams and be comfortable with a dynamic role. While you will be based in London, you will be working with schools in Birmingham, Hastings, and Portsmouth as well as across London. This is a new position and we are looking for someone who will shape the role and build up a strong function to support Ark's schools.
- Work closely with school leadership teams and the Local Governing Body to define the needs of each individual school
- Support schools to create annual plans for their fundraising and engagement activities
- Support individual schools to research and engage with companies/organisations in their local area
- Research, create and up-keep a list of potential school and education funders
- Where required, supported schools to write funding applications and cases for support for specific funders
- Lead the stewardship of donors and supporters of individual schools
- Review how our schools can more effectively use online giving platforms
- Collate fundraising, partnership and relationship management information from across the school network and ensure any shared relationships are carefully managed
- Ensure all income and fundraising information from schools is shared with the central finance team and stored on the fundraising database
- Support the creation of school income and cashflow reports to ensure clear financial accounting and management
- Experience of supporting multiple teams or organisations at one time
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple demands
- Confident when working with senior individuals and management teams
- Self-driven and motivated
- Experience of working with projects/organisations in multiple locations at once
- Knowledge of working with or in schools
Interviews will be held between 9 th -11 th January.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Cordelia Harwood via email.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
EASYWEB NFP RECRUITMENT
Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
The Search Core