Senior Communications Consultant
Posted on Dec 16, 2018 by 360 RESOURCING SOLUTIONS COMMERCIAL
Ecorys UK is leading International management consultancy delivering innovative solutions in research and evaluation, communications and programme management services for a range of UK and European public and private sector organisations. We have passionate teams working on meaningful policies that have an impact on people's lives around the world. We're a socially responsible, employee-owned organisation that gives 1% of our profits to charity each year. Our working culture promotes personal and career development and you'll be part of a large international group with offices worldwide. Ecorys operates a flexible working policy.
About the Role
This role will work with members of the Business Development and Communications team, other Ecorys colleagues, partner organisations, experts, subcontractors and associates, across Europe and beyond to:
- Deliver Programme Management and Communications (PMC) projects, particularly communications assignments under European Commission Framework Contracts and other communications work as it arises; and
- Take forward new business development opportunities in order to win new work for Ecorys' current and future communications services in EU28 and international markets
Responsible for the effective use of financial and other resources in respect of dedicated projects that they are involved in, including the delivery of these two agreed budgets.
The post holder will be expected to deliver fee income of £70k and win £130k of new work per annum (as per the senior consultant band).
Coordinating and managing the inputs of staff in respect of writing proposals and project delivery for communications and other contracts.
- Forming and managing strategic alliances with staff from across Ecorys' divisions and Ecorys' operating companies, partners and subcontractors that provide expertise and resource.
Managing pools of associate experts and working with experts across Europe.
The role is based in London and is to work as part of the Business Development and Communications team within the Programme Management and Communications (PMC) Division of Ecorys UK. Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Successfully manage and deliver projects and assignments, particularly in the area of communications:
- Draft and present proposals and concept notes for awareness raising campaigns, high-profile events and PR activities, print and electronic publications, visibility materials, web and social media with innovative ideas and in tight timeframes;
- Develop communication/dissemination strategies and action plans;
- Coordinate and manage communication activities under contracts such as media activities, events, competitions, PR and visibility activities, website and social media, electronic and print publications;
- Help in sourcing and appointing appropriate staff and experts to activities;
- Liaise and coordinate with clients, partners, subcontractors and associates across Europe and UK in order to plan and implement project activities;
- Ensure full quality control of projects' activities and outputs;
- Ensure that all activities are delivered within allocated budgets and timeframes;
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reports.
Play a key role in the process of winning new contracts:
- Coordinate full proposals for open and restricted tenders;
- Identify up-coming opportunities in the EU28 and international markets;
- Write and lead on full proposals for new communications contracts;
- Undertake commercial feasibility studies to assess the appropriateness / potential profitability oftenders to assist in decision making;
- Support in the development of partnerships and consortia with appropriate organisations to ensure we have a fully rounded bids;
- Identify, in association with the senior management team, any specific skills or infrastructure that we might need generally (or for specific bids) to be able to credibly bid for and deliver the opportunities identified;
- Contribute actively to winning a stream of new contracts.
- Degree in a relevant field i.e. communications, media, public relations, journalism, political science, sociology, psychology, languages, etc. - essential; Post graduate or professional qualification in a relevant field - desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in successfully managing and delivering larger scale communications projects, including the co-ordination of inputs from partners, subcontractors, associates - essential;
- Demonstrable track record in effectively managing multiple mid-large projects independently with very limited direction from a project director. Manages client relations and expectations, project risks and budgets.
- Demonstrable experience of lead authorship in writing successful proposals, detailed concept notes, information and communication materials, activity reports; and presenting them to clients - essential;
- Proven ability to win new national, European and international work and repeat business, particularly in the area of communications- essential; Hands-on experience in delivering multi-lingual information and communication materials and activities - essential; Proven ability to undertake commercial feasibility studies to identify commercial and practical viability of tenders on which decisions whether to bid can be made - essential; Strong evidence of sourcing appropriate delivery partners / staff for new communication contracts through networks and open recruitment - essential; Commercial awareness and evidence of a can do and entrepreneurial attitude from work in a public and private sector consultancy environment - essential; Experience in working with the European Commission and its agencies - desirable; Knowledge of the EU procurement system - desirable.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent organisational, coordination and time management skills - essential; Excellent knowledge of project management approaches and techniques - essential;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English - essential; French - desirable;
- Excellent understanding of the nature of communications services for public sector organisations - essential;
- Effective client and contract management - essential;
- Excellent presentation and networking skills - essential;
- Influencing and negotiation skills with clients, subcontractors, associates, peers - essential;
- Eye for detail - essential;
- Versatility to work as a team player or leader- essential;
- Enterprising and innovative - essential; Efficient, solution-oriented and pro-active - essential; IT literacy in MS Office environment - essential;
- Excellent management and administration skills including a commitment to staff development, progression and equal opportunities - essential;
- Knowledge of EU visibility rules - desirable.
The application deadline is Friday 14th December 2018
Michael Page Marketing