Fundraising Research & Data Coordinator
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by ARK SCHOOLS
Salary - £25,000-£35,000 (FTE) + 11% employer contribution to pension
Contract - Full time (37.5 hours a week FTE) or part time
Location - Holborn, London
Closing date for applications - 9am on 02 January 2019
Ark is an education charity that aims to give every child, regardless of their background, the best start in life. We have a network of 38 schools in England, educating around 26,000 pupils in areas where we can make the biggest difference, and we incubate start-ups that improve the education system.
This post holder will be responsible for building and maintaining the data infrastructure needed to support Ark's fundraising. They will be responsible for managing the fundraising database and using data to ensure Ark has a clear understanding of fundraising activity. This will include managing fundraising information from across Ark and Ark Ventures to ensure that we have a clear picture of fundraising activity, making sure relevant Ark staff are trained to use the database, and building robust reports to match the needs of audience groups.
- Manage and maintain fundraising database (Raiser's Edge)
- Ensure data is up-to-date and compliant with our data protection policy
- Create a user guide for the database and ensure that relevant staff are trained to use the database
- Undertake research to expand and refresh information on prospective supporters
- Maintain a portfolio of prospective supporters, donors and influencers
- Manage due diligence on potential and current supporters
Produce regular reports from Raiser's Edge for the fundraising team and senior management, including reports on prospect action, pledged income and cash flow
- Work closely with other teams to ensure that they have the relevant reports and insights to support the fundraising team effectively
- Coordinate with the finance team to ensure funds are recorded in finance systems and support end-of-year and audit activities
- Experience of managing a fundraising CRM database, ideally Raiser's Edge
- An aptitude for data insight and systems
- Significant knowledge and proficiency of designing and building reports for fundraising purposes
- An interest in systems, processes and technology and a willingness to explore and develop the best possible tools
- An understanding of and commitment to practices including due diligence, gift acceptance and gift administration
- Experience of analysing, translating and presenting data to multiple audiences
- Experience of implementing new CRM processes and systems
- Good project management skills
- Developing fundraising database training
Interviews will be held between 9 th -11 th January.
To apply, visit our online recruitment portal.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.