Procurement & Supply Chain Manager
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Bramwith Consulting
Procurement & Supply Chain Manager - Aerospace & Defence Blue Chip - London OR Bristol - £70k - £80k + Package
Global engineering services giant seeks dynamic procurement professional to lead and grow a key business sector, driving continuous improvement agenda and cutting-edge business strategy. This highly revered industry leader is growing at an unprecedented rate, with procurement at the epi-centre of company strategy, playing a key role in driving agenda at executive level.
As a Sector procurement lead you will:
- Co-ordinate with the sector category team to develop and implement procurement & supply chain strategy
- Representing the sector at board level, ensuring the wider organisation understands and follows policy & procedure, delivering benefit to the business
- Engage stakeholders across the business, from directors to bid team to engineers and
- Manage a team of direct reports
- Manage supplier selection and performance, leading contract negotiation
What skills and experience are required?
- Strong strategic sourcing/category management skillset, with an advanced proficiency across all aspects of the end to end procurement sphere
- Previous industry experience in defence, aerospace, utilities or Manufacturing technology is ideal
- End to end exposure of procurement bid proposals, contract negotiations, and value add
- Excellent communication skills with the gravitas and confidence to lead on large negotiations and scope strategies
- Degree in a technical field, ideally engineering based
Why should you apply for this role?
- The opportunity to develop and enhance strategy in a blue-chip organisation
- Work closely with an excellent wider stakeholder group, whilst developing your own management skills
- The chance to scope and own your own category from cradle to grave
- The exciting prospect of "no two procurement projects ever being the same"
If this role is of interest and you wish to find out more then get in touch now and click "Apply" or send your CV direct to Adam at
KEY SKILLS: Procurement, Purchasing, Category Manager, Category Lead, Aviation, Aerospace, Technology, Software, Telecoms, Systems, Bid Proposals, Bid Management, Manager, Team Management, Surrey, Project Procurement, Gloucester, Bristol, South West England, Swindon, Oxfordshire
Swanstaff Recruitment Ltd