Direct Procurement Manager
Posted on Dec 14, 2018 by Bramwith Consulting
Direct Procurement Manager- Industry Leading Travel Company- Berkshire/Surrey - £45,000 + FAST TRACKED PROGRESSION
Global Powerhouse in the Travel Industry is looking for a Direct Procurement Manager to look after all their direct procurement categories. This is a rare opportunity for an ambitious procurement professional to gain great exposure within the procurement industry and take on increased responsibility. The company are a Fortune 500 firm looking to diversify and grow their procurement function and a currently going through a fruitful transformation.
As Direct Procurement Manager you will:-
- Be responsible for creating category plans for all direct categories, primarily raw materials, industry specific equipment, and MRO
- Representing procurement as part of the bid team to help win new and exciting new projects
- Have an analytical approach to all strategic sourcing, using innovative techniques and basic computer programs e.g. Microsoft Excel
- Be part of a rapidly growing and changing procurement function looking to expand and diversify its sourcing strategies
Direct Procurement Manager Required Background:-
- Some experience managing direct spend within a relevant industry, ideally Automotive, Aerospace, or Procurement Consultancy
- Exposure to a bid management environment, ideally having worked as part of a bid team
- Complete proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and a strong analytical background
- Degree +CIPS (beneficial but not essential)
This is a phenomenal opportunity for a direct procurement specialist to take on a great deal of responsibility in a procurement function which offers fantastic exposure and progression opportunities.
To find out more and apply please send your CV to or directly through this page.
Key Skills: procurement, strategic sourcing, category management, stakeholder management, negotiation, SRM, procurement consultancy, project management, direct procurement, components, aerospace procurement, defence procurement, automotive procurement, Reading, Home Counties, Middlesex, Berkshire