Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Kinsale Insurance Company
Kinsale is an Excess & Surplus lines insurer specializing in hard-to-place, small to medium sized commercial accounts. Kinsale is eligible in all states and writes a variety of Property, Casualty and Specialty lines through fifteen underwriting divisions. Given the experience of our staff and our control over the underwriting and claims processes, Kinsale offers unmatched underwriting flexibility to brokers placing difficult E&S accounts. Kinsale will consider offering terms on a wide range of risks including accounts with new or high hazard operations and businesses that have a poor loss history or that are located in high risk venues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Underwrite commercial insurance risks to include reviewing, analysing, accepting and declining risks to ensure profitability for Kinsale.
- Communicate with underwriting management on individual accounts, current and proposed producers, and make recommendations concerning operations, systems and procedures when appropriate.
- Review submissions and identify exposure and risk, determine accurate classifications, rates and premium charges.
- Monitor producers for profitability and production.
- Market products to producers by coordinating marketing plan with the team leader, marketing manager and regional management.
- May also develop forms and coverage's in partnership with others as necessary.
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills.
- PC literate with emphasis on Outlook, Word, Excel
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Team player that enjoys a flexible, spontaneous business environment.
- Ability to make occasional business trips.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business, economics, risk management or related field.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, life, disability, PTO, 401(k) and more. This position offers bonus potential that is best in class.