Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Blackpool and The Fylde College
The job role will be within Access & Continuing Education and be based at the Gateway Campus working with young people who have a range of additional needs, including low levels of English and maths, social and emotional needs. The successful candidate must have experience of working with students on an Education, Health Care Plan.
The Gateway Campus is highly successful in developing the skills to prepare your people to progress into further education and provide them with work ready skills for their future career pathways.
Summary of Responsibilities:
To co-ordinate and assist in the development of effective learning for students. This will involve facilitating learning and training across all levels of qualifications and modes of attendance offered within the Curriculum area.
- To provide information, advice and guidance and to and enrol students onto courses.
- To instruct, assess, and supervise students on specified programmes within the area. This will include helping students to use equipment, find materials, explain set work, help solve problems and suggest different approaches.
- To facilitate learning in the delivery of programmes and assessment in classrooms/laboratories/workshops/learning resource areas and other learning environments.
- To prepare, adapt, organise and maintain learning resources/ and or equipment
- To set up the learning environment and undertake the day to day maintenance and repair of equipment, where appropriate. Undertake the monitoring of physical resources with particular attention to health and safety
- In accordance with schemes of work, instruct students in line with ILPs and curriculum plans, which have been designed with/and for them.
- To be fully conversant with programme/course regulations and specifications for the defined area thus ensuring conformity and best practice.
- To support and develop on-line assessment and materials as directed.
- To produce and carry out as directed, the organisation and administration appropriate to the learning situation including the marking of registers and the submission of other returns and records.
- To accurately complete administrative returns, reports and assessments as required and provide relevant information for students' tutorials.
- To assist with securing quality improvement within the Curriculum area.
- To contribute to students' personal development and responsibility for their own learning, and encourage self-advocacy.
- To support students through the learning process and associated assessment activities.
- To assess, monitor and mark students' work and allied activities.
- To assist students with action planning and recording achievement.
- To attend team, Curriculum area and other appropriate meetings as required.
- To participate in any training appropriate for the role
- To contribute to the ongoing development of schemes of work and curriculum plans.
- To co-ordinate and participate in the internal verification and/or moderation of student work and allied activities.
- To undertake health and safety checks and to maintain an awareness of Health and Safety at all times to ensure that students are aware of safe practices and procedures
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
Reward and Benefit Package
To view our full reward and benefit package, please visit our Benefits section.