Mechanical Design Engineer
Posted on Dec 19, 2018 by Anonymous
Monday - Friday
A global energy group within the engineering, procurement and construction market is recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer to design district heating and cooling networks. As the Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be part of a team that has the capability to design energy centre, pre-insulted buried piping networks and plant room heat exchanger assemblies. As well as being involved in design projects in coordination with both internal and external stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities for the Mechanical Design Engineer:
• Design of heat exchanger assemblies and buried piping
• Design of energy centres, including boilers, CHP units, thermal stores, pumps, chillers and auxiliary systems
• Use 2D and 3D CAD packages in the creation of engineering schematic and layout drawings
• Technical support and design coordination of internal and external stakeholders, including business development and project managers, contractors, clients and design consultants.
• BEng / BSc Mechanical Engineering Degree (or similar, minimum of a 2:1 standard).
• An ability to size and specify valves, instruments and piping components.
• Experience with the creation and detailing of bills of material for plant equipment, valves and instrumentation.
• Experience of producing Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and engineering schematics in 2D AutoCAD.
• Experience of 3D modelling and detailed design of energy centres, CHP units, boilers, chillers and district heating network installations in 3D AutoCAD, CADWorx Plant Professional or similar.
If you are interested in this role and feel that you have the right skills then please click apply.
For further details, please contact Khalid Oukhellou on; (Apply online only) or email CV
Beeby Anderson Recruitment