CSA - National Careers Advisor
Posted on Dec 16, 2018 by Anonymous
Helpline Advisers support customers with careers, education, employment and apprenticeships, help individuals to realise their goals,unlock their potential and enable them to develop and grow. Our Advisers guide young people during crucial decision making periods in their lives and provide individuals with expert knowledge to lift aspirations and make well informed and realistic decisions.
Our Advisers provide expert information and an enthusiastic service to citizens to allow them to gain positive outcomes in learning, employment, training, apprenticeships and volunteering. Using a range of multimedia contact channels including webchat, phone, SMS and email, they provide information to individuals on a one-to-one basis, tailored to each individual situation.
In order to provide personalised advice, Adviser responsibilities include tailoring information to citizen's situations, conducting research, monitoring developments in education, training and employment and raising awareness of support options available to individuals.
Helpline Advisers work closely with their Team Manager to ensure the delivery of a high quality service to customers with a view to consistently improving performance.
Required skills and abilities are as follows:
* Excellent telephone manner with the ability to extract and retain information from customers
* Exceptional verbal skills with an aptitude for providing comprehensive support to service users
* Ability to use multiple IT systems to accurately capture and record customer information
* Advanced keyboard skills with good written communication
* Ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team
* Excellent listening skills and the ability to interact with customers in an empathetic and non-judgmental manner
* Ability to work within defined quality guidelines and maintain good practices at all times
* Strong research skills, with the ability to source information efficiently to support present and future customer queries
* Ability to use approved resources to tailor support to fully resolve customer queries
As part of our commitment to professional development, Helpline Advisers will complete an NVQ Level 3 in Information, Advice and Guidance; on successful completion of the qualification you will have the opportunity to progress onto higher level learning programs.
Successful candidates will be expected to work 37.5 hours per week over a range of shifts between 8am and 10pm Monday to Sunday. The salary is £8.43 per hour.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://(url removed)/candidate-privacy
HOME Fundraising Ltd
HOME Fundraising Ltd