Inside Sales / Business Development Representative
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Corporate Synergies Group, Inc.
The Business Development Representatives primary duty is cold calling, generating leads and setting appointments for the Outside Sales Representatives. The Business Development Representative develops strategies for building relationships with prospects to increase number of set and kept appointments. The BDR also develops and maintains relationships with Outside Sales Representatives to ensure the success of the business.
- Prospect for new business through telephone sales activities by setting appointment for the outside sales team
- Asks probing questions to determine whether potential clients meet certain criteria to qualify for our services.
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions by studying company strategies and operations; estimate prospects needs and goals while ensuring the prospect meets the companies targeted requirements
- Participate in continuing educational opportunities including new product descriptions, professional publications
- Maintain personal networks and participate in professional organizational events
- Revisit prospects that were not closed on the first appointment through relationship building
- Manage and maintain leads through Oracle system to ensure accuracy and proper follow up
An ideal candidate will have:
- Must have had some formal sales training (Hopkins, Zigler, Miller-Heiman, SPIN, etc.)
- Bachelors Degree Preferred
- Minimum 5 years in an inside sales (vs. outside sales) environment including outbound calling environment
- Experience closing business to business sales (non-consumer) and/or setting appointments for outside reps (i.e. technology, software, business products, temp/outsourcing services, Payroll services, recruiting, etc.)
- Competitive/goal-driven personality, driven to succeed
- Ability to uncover needs through questioning techniques
- Strong follow-up skills with strict attention to detail
- Comfortable in a quota-driven sales environment
- Excellent communications skills
- Technology savvy (Excel, Word, Outlook) Oracle a plus
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills are a must.
- Flexible work hours may be necessary when facing deadlines
- Occasional travel to local CSG Offices
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.