Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by St. John's Childcare
St. John's Childcare, in the Elmwood neighborhood of Berkeley, has an opening for a Teacher position in our Preschool classroom.
We need someone who:
* genuinely enjoys spending time with preschool age children (2.9 - 5 years))
* has at least two years experience working with children, at least one of those with preschool children
* has at least 12 ECE units
* able to clear all CCL fingerprinting, health and background requirements
* wants to work as part of a great team
* is able to work full time, full days (40 hrs/week)
*we are looking for someone who can start ASAP
* will sing, read, finger-paint, take walks and explore the garden and sandbox
* a great environment!
* wonderful coworkers
* a group size of 20, ratio between 1:8 and 1:10
* salary ranging from $17 - $22/hour, depending on experience and education
* paid holidays and at least two weeks vacation (maximum vacation after five years is four weeks), as
well as sick leave
* paid medical, dental and life insurance after three months of employment
We will not contact applicants who do not have the minimum requirements
- you must have 12 ECE units AND two years experience with children
AND at least one year in a preschool setting. You must be
able to work full time (40 hours) and full days (9 hours with a one hour unpaid lunch break).
St. John's Childcare strives to provide the highest quality
childcare in a unique setting where parents and teachers are partners
together. We specialize in the care of infants, toddlers, and
preschoolers from the age of three months to five years. Our educated,
caring teachers provide individualized care within a group setting.
We believe in providing a variety of experiences that encourage the
young learner to explore and develop skills at their own pace, in a
nurturing environment. Our daily activities are developmentally
appropriate and play-based, and include fostering curiosity and high
self-esteem, independence, and respect for others.
Through God's guidance, the prompting of the Holy Spirit and the example of Jesus Christ, we at St. John's feel called to serve God locally, nationally and globally. We are also a church that takes leadership on peace and justice issues, the More Light movement for LGBTQ Christians, and programs for the homeless.
St. John's is a true presence in Berkeley, socially, educationally, artistically, and spiritually committed to our community. More than three dozen community groups gather at our facility for meetings, concerts and banquets. Combined with regular church activities, it virtually makes St. John's an all-day, everyday operation.
Learn And Play Montessori School
Hearts & Minds Pre-k
Village Little Preschool
playing to Learn Childcare
San Anselmo Preschool
Westminster Presbyterian Church
Schuyler Community Schools
Kids 'R' Kids #10 NC