Dog-Walker needed 1-3 days per week
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Heaven Sent Pet Care
Calling all dog lovers! Heaven Sent Pet Care, a professional dog walking company (serving Evanston, Wilmette, and Kenilworth) is currently looking for dynamic, caring, and trustworthy pet lovers to join our expanding team. Start making supplemental income doing what you love!
We are currently hiring for a part-time FILL IN DOG WALKER and we will be thorough in finding the next good "fit" for our expanding team. If you love to spend time outdoors, are a self-starter, and are able to work independently and manage a changing schedule, this may be the job for you!
How We Work:
Our dog walking services are typically performed Monday through Friday between the hours of 10am-4pm. (Our busiest time frame is between 11am-3pm).
We do private visits/walks for our clients. We never do "pack walks" (walking multiple clients dogs at a time).
Each of our staff is an independent contractor with Heaven Sent. We pay every other week via Direct Deposit to your account.
The rate walkers are paid ranges between $6.46-$8.50 per 25-minute visit (equivalent averages to around $13-16 per hour).
(We are looking for candidates whose priority is providing quality care to our furry clients and their owners. If money is your primary motivation, this may not be the job -- nor the industry-- for you.)
-- Fill-in walkers take visits on days when a member of our Daily team is out due to vacation, illness, emergency, etc. Typically, we are able to keep fill-in walkers as busy as they'd like to be.
-- Hours: you get to choose how many 25-minute pet visits a day you do.
-- Days: we will work with our walkers to find a time frame and amount of visits per day that works with them and their schedule. Typically, our Fill-in walkers will work between 1-3 days per week (they choose the days) but it is our preference that candidates have some availability during our busiest time frame between 11a-3pm on the days that they are available to work.
-- # of Visits: Most fill-in walkers will complete between 3-7 consecutive dog walking visits on a day that they are filling in.
We offer administrative support to our walkers:
We provide a professional work environment. This is a supported position and we are office staffed from 8am-4pm Monday through Friday for any questions or help a walker might need. We also have emergency contacts for walkers, if an issue arises after business hours. We offer continuing training and tips for new walkers to become successful in this industry.
Is this a good fit for you?
We are looking for candidates who:
- Are organized, dependable, trustworthy, timely, and professional.
- Have great customer service and communication skills
- Are team players who can handle last-minute changes and requests from clients.
- Are able to work independently and responsibly.
- Enjoy being outside in all four seasons and the weather that comes with them! (Rain, snow, heat, cold, wind...)
- Are interested in long-term work. We view dog-walking as a career choice and do not often hire just seasonally or temporarily. If you are looking for short-term work just to "get by" between other jobs, we are not the right fit
- Love Animals! You don't have to have any animal work experience, but we find it is helpful if you have at least had pets of your own before.
- Background & References: You need to be at least 21 years old, able to pass a background/criminal check, and have at least 3 references.
- Physical Requirements:You need to have excellent dog-handling skills and intuition to walk and control dogs of all sizes and breeds. You also need to handle the activity level of walking dogs for 2-6 hours per day (you choose the amount).
- Supplies & Equipment:You need to have: (1) a reliable insured automobile and a valid driver's license (2) a computer with access to the internet, (3) a printer, (4) a smartphone (preferably with a data plan or texting).
- Location: Because Heaven Sent does not compensate for travel time/commute, it is best if you live in or near one of our service areas (Wilmette, Evanston, or Kenilworth).