Payments & Settlements Administrator
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Investec Bank plc
We are looking for an experienced payments administrator to join our Settlements team.
As part of Treasury & Trading Operations, the Settlements team is currently comprised of 12 people who are responsible for the settlement of FX and Money Market Trades for Interbank and Corporate clients of Treasury Products and Distribution, as well as providing payment services for the Corporate and Institutional Banking Division of Investec Bank plc.
What You'll Do
- Payment authorisation - ensuring all payments are executed in an accurate and timely manner, paying particular attention to payment cut-off times, available liquidity and ensuring that any exceptions are processed as appropriate;
- Completion of day-to-day workflows and processes.
- Monitoring of bank accounts to ensure correct settlement is received in respect of client transactions; agreement and clearance of payment queues within the relevant systems.
- Provide Front office with accurate start of day / intra-day transaction summaries to ensure client settlements are received and processed on the correct value dates.
- Provide Front office support for all supported jurisdictions (UK, Ireland and Australia).
- Liaising and engaging with Client Services to address any adverse client issues in a timely manner.
- Review and resolution of any reconciliations breaks in a timely manner;
- Close liaison with the Financial Crime Team to manage any queries arising from Sanctions checking;
- Ensuring sound processes and procedures are diligently followed and are kept in line with changes and developments in Market Practice and Regulations;
- Responsibility and ownership of tasks delegated from Head of Settlements
- Entering of new/amended Settlement instructions into Calypso
- Completion of daily FX reconciliation with the Private Bank team
- Excellent knowledge of all payments types and payment channels â€" including Commercial and Faster payments.
- Sound understanding of SWIFT standards, message types and payment formatting;
- Excellent understanding of good Anti-Money Laundering controls and practice
- Understanding of FX and MM Settlements and confirmation matching systems;
- Understanding of Direct Debits