Business Services Head of Risk Services
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by HSBC Bank plc
GBM Business Services has been created by bringing together some of our GBM Service teams to create a positive difference for our clients and colleagues - delivering best-in-class services, increasing accountability and embracing innovation. Business Services forms part of GBM COO. It is a global, pan GBM function supporting all GBM businesses and functions for the execution, service delivery, commercial alignment and strategy of Business Services, including Client Operations, Global Data Services (GDS), Market Data Services (MDS), and Network Management.
- The Head of Risk Governance for Business Services will report to the Global Chief Control Officer, and help them deliver on their core risk and control objectives in line with both the GBM Business Services strategy, and the GBM CCO Three Pillar approach and Service Catalogue.
- Objectives will include but will not be limited to:
- Alongside the Chief Control Officer, responsible for the design, implementation and embedding of the Global CCO Target Operating Model (TOM) for Business Services.
- Responsible for the operational design, delivery and embedding of the core services outlined in the Risk Governance pillar.
- Responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of an efficient and effective end-to-end Risk Governance framework, compliant with the Group ORMF and the Chief Control Office's strategy.
- Responsible for policy framework - residing over amendment, new and additional policies.
- Responsible for owning and managing the functional relationship with the GBM CCO Risk Governance pillar, ensuring strategic direction is translated into operational processes and practices consistently across the Business Services organisation.
- Along with the wider CCO and Business Services team, coordinate the review of the Risk Control library for Business Services, ensuring identification of control gaps / deficiencies and residual risks. Ensure gaps and deficiencies are appropriately logged and tracked through to conclusion.
- Provide stakeholder management with the Regions, Global Business, and Global Function Heads on group operational risk initiatives impacting the CCO and Business Services, leveraging and sharing best practices/lessons learnt.
- Design and own an educational risk programme identifying core topics and themes that are both framework and operationally relevant for the business
Impact on Business
- Provides direction, central ownership and maintenance of the control framework, ensuring full alignment with Group ORMF. Validate operational controls to ensure delivery of tangible improvements and strengthening of the control environment.
- Implements appropriate risk governance, holistic oversight of new/emerging risk and reporting practices to ensure appropriate oversight of key risk and control issues impacting Business Services globally.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.
- The role holder will be part of the Business Services CCO Management Team and needs to provide thought leadership and challenge the Business Services leadership (and others where appropriate) on their Risk Appetite.
- Successfully executing and / or coordinating consistent deployment of complex, global business and regulatory-driven solutions in a matrix management structure.
- Quickly and effectively integrate multiple distinct demands and agendas in order to provide a single, consolidated plan and approach that is understood, relevant and realistic to the business/ sponsor/ accountable executives.
- The GBM CCO function is looking to adopt a new operating model and the role holder will be integral to the GBM Business Services CCO in order to:
- Embed the Vision and Strategy for the function
- Build the Three Pillars (Risk Governance, Risk Assessment and Risk Process and Control)
- Build the full Service & Control Inventory for the function
- Administer the underpinning RACI model (and how this links to staff roles, objectives and job descriptions)
- To function effectively, the individual should have a strong risk and control background with extensive experience of senior roles that require strong leadership, governance and control.
Strong interpersonal and influencing skills are required, together with the ability to build a network of contacts, form strong working relationships and influencing senior colleagues across the Group.