Sales Contract Specialist (Operations Analyst)
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Moody's
The Role / Responsibilities:
As part of the global Operations & Strategy team, the Senior Operations Analysts (SOA) works with a dedicated sales team, typically with larger, more complex book of business and/or strategically important accounts, and contribute to business development objectives by managing the contracting process from start to finish. The SOA is responsible for ensuring that each contract addresses the unique needs of the client and sales team while also complying with organizational standards and protocol. This role works closely with, and provides guidance to many internal stakeholders including Sales, Legal, Finance, and Administration. Successful SOAs are detail-oriented and self-motivated, have excellent communication skills, and demonstrate exceptional multitasking ability under tight deadlines. Candidates must have strong organizational skills and be both process- and results-oriented.
- Own and maintain a larger, more complex book of business and support a dedicated team of sales representatives, acting as the primary point of contact for the contract drafting, negotiation, and execution processes.
- Identify up-selling opportunities for book of business using knowledge and familiarity with accounts and make recommendations to sales representative on strategies for maximizing current clients' revenue potential.
- Analyze account information, license parameters, and contract terms with extreme attention to detail in order to advise sales team on proposed pricing and contractual requirements. Initiate and direct the renewal process for existing clients.
- Draft more complex sales contracts for larger clients in accordance with corporate guidelines while also evaluating commercial considerations and client requirements. Exercise judgment throughout the contract drafting & negotiation process to resolve issues and ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley controls.
- Review and validate all executed contracts, confirming compliance with corporate and departmental guidelines. Ensure all information required for order submission is documented and accurate.
- Facilitate any subsequent changes or adjustments requested by Sales or Client and use discretion in determining course of action.
- Drive collaboration with Finance, Legal, Billing plus other stakeholders to review complex contracts to define specific deliverables, terms, or other contractual elements related to new sales. Independently identify and resolve issues that may impact revenue recognition or delay the close of the sale. Escalate where required.
- Maintain accurate client data throughout CRM and different systems, ensure pricing and allocations are correct, and document pertinent transaction details. Consistently undertake checks to independently identify and resolve data or process issues that could impact consistency, quality, or accuracy of CRM data.
This role will be working within Moody's Analytics sales operations team.
The Sales & Customer Service team helps customers transform and evolve their business by leveraging the diverse offerings of Moody's Analytics. As the bridge between our product teams and customers, we build mutually rewarding relationships that allow us to deliver the best solution for each customer challenge. An organization of motivated, curious, and teamwork-oriented people, we let our passion drive our business forward.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree)
- Previous experience as an Operations Analyst or in a related sales operations role working with complex contracts or large accounts.
- Highly organized, with the ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Strong teamwork and customer service orientation. Highly responsive and proactive in issue resolution and communication across numerous stakeholders.
- Highly self-motivated and results-driven. Able to complete assignments and resolve issues proactively with minimal oversight and direction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills (including presentation skills); proven ability to build relationships at all levels and across different departments or teams.
- Demonstrates good judgment in problem-solving and issue escalation.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Highly proficient in Salesforce CRM and Apttus
- Fluency in English (spoken & written) is essential. For EMEA-based positions, other European languages would be advantageous.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at .
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
Calibre Digital Consulting Limited
Page Personnel Finance
make it cheaper