Performance Analyst (18 month FTC, Leeds)
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Willis Towers Watson
Summary of Role As a Senior Associate you will be working with the Head of Reporting and Data, the main focus of the role will be to assist in the implementation of a new technology and business reorganization project. Initial focus will be on improving existing processes and readying them for the post-project world, progressing to a more project implementation focused role as it moves into the relevant phase. This will involve working closely with colleagues in different locations and teams to understand all requirements and maintain a consistent approach.
The duration of the role is for 18 months and will be based in Leeds with a need to work in other offices as required (we have investment offices in London and Reigate, with the majority of operations personnel based in Reigate and Leeds).
- Review the current investment performance, risk and attribution processes with a view to implementing revised processes, structures and operating models, where appropriate
- Be involved in the ongoing work to have in place an operational environment that has a goal of operating on an error-free basis - in particular, lead on the creation, updating and improvement of processes and associated documentation and flows
- Liaise with outsource providers to ensure data and quality needs associated with current and future requirements are met
- Take ownership of the delivery of key areas of individual process change as directed by the Head of Reporting and Data
- Take ownership of the delivery of key areas of the technology/reorganisation project as directed by the Head of Reporting and Data, working with other key team personnel particularly during any parallel run exercises
- Liaise with colleagues in other offices (both nationally and globally) to ensure there is good communication and consistency as our operating model and platforms evolve
- Work within a changing environment, pushing for efficiency and risk-control improvements on a continuous basis
- Create strong working relationships with colleagues within Operations, sharing industry knowledge and guiding individuals where required
- Liaise confidently with other teams within the business, including Portfolio Management, Client Service, Compliance/Risk and business heads
- Good experience of investment performance, risk and attribution and/or client reporting (ideally within an investment consultancy or asset management environment)
- Experience of delegated/fiduciary mandates, Fund of Funds, CCFs would be useful; as would a good knowledge of the structure of UK DB and DC pension fund clients, investment trusts and collective investment schemes
- Understanding of the regulatory environment as it pertains to investment reporting and Global Investment Performance Standards desirable but not essential
- Proven experience of successfully owning projects and producing quality deliverables on time and within budget
- Problem solving skills and a desire to work in a risk-managed and controls-based environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills to ensure that information and knowledge is shared appropriately
- Team-player with the ability to fit seamlessly into the wider national and, to a lesser extent, global team of colleagues all focused on delivering work of exceptional quality
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas - the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.