Compliance Monitoring Lead, Real Estate
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by Pure Search
Our client are a major figure within the 'big ticket' real estate advisory sector, jointly regulated by the FCA (in relation to their investment funds) and HMRC. With increasing regulation of the real estate market expected in 2019 and beyond, this team has been assembled carefully over 2018 with several senior hires from the Financial Services sector.
They are now looking for a Head of Compliance Monitoring, to oversee a team of 3 FTE. It is expected the successful individual will have a deep compliance thematic monitoring/reviews background, with experience devising appropriate monitoring plans.
- Assisting with the development, implementation and execution of risk-based Compliance reviews, to assess the effectiveness of the firm's Compliance framework and policies.
- Communicate findings from reviews, present identified issues to the Head of Compliance in form of concise MI.
- Work with the business to develop and implement a plan of corrective action and track the status of agreed actions.
- A VP/Senior Manager in Compliance Testing, Assurance or Reviews. Whilst sector alignment - and thus knowledge of relevant products is preferred - candidates who can demonstrate strong testing methodology are encouraged.
- Candidates from a Compliance Audit background, or from Consultancies providing external compliance assurance are also encouraged.
- Strong candidates at a senior AVP/Manager level seeking a step up are also encouraged.
- All candidates - irrespective of seniority - are expected to demonstrate good stakeholder management skill.
We look forward to discussing our client's opportunity with applicants soon.
Please contact Lawrence Watson via