Data Solution Consultant - AWS, Data Modelling , Big Data
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Alexander Ash GmbH
For this financial services organisation we are looking for Data Solution Consultant to work closely with their Chief Data Office who is leading the transformation for creating a data-driven organisation to use data in every decision and customer experience to obsessively make insurance much easier and better value for customers. Chief Data Office is working closely with the businesses to build a new large-scale, cloud hosted, secure, and consolidated data and analytics platform to enable our users to interact with all their data from a single trusted platform. The platform leverages the economics of big data, cloud elasticity, Machine Learning (ML)/Artificial Intelligence (AI) automation, and permissioned data sharing to turn information into business insights and address business and operational challenges. You will have the opportunity to work on complex problems, designing high performance solutions that will run on top of our cloud based big data platform.
- Expert knowledge of data modelling and understanding of different data structures and their benefits and limitations under particular use cases, with good knowledge of Big Data.
- Expert-level proficiency in one of the programming languages like Java, Python, R.
- Understanding and experience of AWS cloud storage and computing platform (especially S3, Athena, Redshift, Glacier, EMR, EC2).
- Hands-on experience with stream data processing framework like Apache Spark or Flink.
- Demonstrated experience of working on various data integration tools like Talend, Pentho, Informatica for both ETL as well as ELT processing.
- Working experience of data preparation tools like SAS, Alteryx.
- Experience on any one of BI tools such as Tableau, Qlik, Looker.
- Solid understanding of Enterprise patterns and applying best practices when integrating various inputs and outputs together at scale.
- Knowledge of software best practices, like Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI)
- Understanding of DevOps principles, tools, and the intersection with cloud architecture.
- Experienced delivering projects in an Agile Environment, familiarity with Jira, Git, and Stash.
- Good understanding of the principles of data management, process and delivery.
- Knowledge and experience of project management methodologies.
- Solid background in mathematics, including statistics, time series analysis, optimization, etc