ITSM Application Administrator
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Synergis
IT Service Management Application Administrator
6months + with multiple year extensions
The IT Service Management Application Administrator's (IT Svc Mgmt App Admin) primary responsibility is to provide development, enhancement, effective deployment and level 3 technical support for our service management application with a focus on reliability and availability.
The service management application supports the IT organization in providing excellent service to our customers through managing of requests, incidents, changes and IT assets.
The incumbent will research system problems to determine root cause, provide vendor support coordination, serve as the primary lead for issue resolution and manage integration with other applications.
The IT Svc Mgmt App Admin will manage day-to-day activities that may include data loads, system enhancements, system configurations, and reporting. System development and configuration activities will occur in accordance with software development life cycle, security and change management policies.
The IT Svc Mgmt App Admin will work with internal stakeholders and end users to gather requirements and provide technical designs to improve system functionality and optimize performance.
The IT Svc Mgmt App Admin will provide effective communication to stakeholders of technical concerns, issues and solutions. The incumbent will be responsible for some system training and testing at various levels.
The incumbent should be familiar with the following concepts: ITIL, business process management, release management, issue resolution, project management, software development life cycle and system testing.
Bachelor's degree in related discipline required, or
4 years' of related work experience in addition to the work experience listed below required (8 years total).
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 4 years' experience in an IT environment supporting applications including 2 years' experience in Cloud technologies
Experience with one or more of the following ITIL areas: Service Desk, Asset, Problem Management or Change Management
Familiarity with Active Directory, Servers, databases and IT networks
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
Demonstrated experience with IBM Control Desk or IBM Maximo
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
Problem Solving and Root Cause Analysis
Active Listening with Written and Oral Communication
Common Understanding of the SDLC model
Analytical with Attention to Details
Interpersonal and Relationship-building
Mental Agility and Flexible to Change
Proactive and ability to learn new skills and concepts quickly
1. Analyze stakeholders needs and drivers.
2. Configure application and end user self-service portal to meet identified service management process needs.
3. Collaborate and work with implementation vendor to develop new functionality as needed.
4. Develop reports for management and application users as needed.
5. Utilize programming and Scripting languages to provide extended functionality as needed.
6. Develop test scripts and conduct testing for the application as needed. Lead testing activities with stakeholders
7. Author documentation as needed for communication, training, testing, maintenance and support purposes
8. Provide training as necessary to internal stakeholders and end users.
9. Provide consistent status reports to the Director, Enterprise Business Applications
10. Contribute to a supportive work environment, team cohesiveness and embody the district's norms