Virtual Construction (VC) Engineer
Posted on Dec 19, 2018 by Corbins Electric
At Corbins Electric, we believe people are first! Our teammates, our partners, and our customers can expect that we genuinely care to serve them and look out for their best interests. Our culture is built on the cornerstone of our Core Values - Build Trust, Champion Innovation, Promote Development, and Operate with Excellence! They set our expectation of each and every employee and are integrated in everything we do. As one of the largest electrical contractors in the Southwest and an industry leader in virtual construction, fabrication, electrical construction, and electrical service, we continually look for people who share in our Core Values.
We are currently seeking highly motivated Virtual Construction (VC) Engineers to join our team. Our VC Engineers transform 3D model content to 2D fabrication and installation sheet sets. Publish 2D drawings with accurate information for the use in our fabrication shop and for installation.Responsibilities
Depending on specific work assignments, all or any of the below tasks may apply:
- Work with the 3D models to create 2D drawings for prefabrication and installation under immediate supervision
- Understand the required 2D content for fabrication and installation
- Work with supervision to learn and understand the VC process and procedures as well as project specific requirements
- Identifies the specifications and location of material
- Identify model content issues and coordinate with VC team for needed corrections
- Work effectively with VC and prefab team members
- Competent understanding of Client policies and procedures
• Knowledge of ANSI GD&T
• Good problem solving abilities• Organized, systematic and competent to perform detailed tasks• Ability to follow direction and a desire to grow with the team
• Technical knowledge of Mechanical systems, Electrical systems and Construction methodologies/processes via experience or education
• Self-starter and motivated to work efficiently and affectively• Must possess strong interpersonal skills
• Diploma Courses or equivalent is required• Experience in CAD and detailing very helpful
This is a safety sensitive position and all applicable policies will apply.
It has been and continues to be the long-standing policy of Corbins Electric to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Corbins Electric complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply please email