Posted on Dec 16, 2018 by Advanced Group
Perspecta's risk decision group is the largest provider of background investigation services for the U.S. government in the federal, intelligence and civilian space.
Our greatest asset is our people: thousands of highly trained and vetted investigators throughout the U.S., ready to pursue and report critical information. Do you have the drive and commitment necessary to succeed in this dynamic and challenging role?
People who have joined us as investigators include individuals from the following backgrounds: criminal justice, educators, law enforcement/police, criminal or fraud investigators, federal investigators, military/veterans and security professionals.
We are currently seeking full-time employee investigators in Mc Lean, VA. Applicants must reside within 10 miles from the city center of Mc Lean.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to, conducting background investigations for the purpose of determining employment suitability of persons who require access to sensitive or classified U.S. Government information. The predominant casework is in support of the National Background Investigations Bureau (NBIB). Casework for other contracts will be assigned based on investigator performance and business need.
Investigators will conduct face-to-face interviews with the subject and their neighbors, employers, friends, and family. Investigators will also perform record searches at police agencies, courthouses, educational and financial institutions, and medical/mental health facilities. Investigators report all obtained information in a clear and concise report on an issued government computer system.
Approved expenses during casework such as tolls, parking, etc., will be reimbursed, and a computer is provided. Investigators work from their own homes with remote supervision and are paid hourly. Employee Investigators must be willing to regularly work within a 50-mile radius from their home, with travel to greater distances on same-day travel based on company need. Occasionally the company seeks volunteers for nationwide travel up to 4 weeks at a time. The company provides as much notice as possible, typically no less than 1-2 weeks' notice.
The levels of this position are based on a productivity system with the more experienced investigators held to a higher level of productivity per week. Investigators travel to and from appointments and record collection sites.
Investigators without NBIB investigative experience within the last 12 months or documentation showing they have been trained to the National Training Standard must be willing to attend a 6 week training class. Of the 6 weeks of training, 2 consecutive weeks will take place at the company's Loveland, Colorado office or another designated location (travel expenses are covered).
Perspecta offers a generous benefit package including a 401k plan with a company match as well as a competitive paid time off package including paid holidays, sick and vacation time.
As a federal contractor regardless of the laws in your state, marijuana use is prohibited with this position.
Sit for long periods of time, stand, walk, move about residential, inner city or other facilities, bend, stoop, and climb stairs, including non-ADA compliant environments; navigate transportation, drive a vehicle for a long duration; demonstrate sufficient hand, arm and finger dexterity to operate computer keyboard and other office equipment for a long duration; lift and move up to 10 pounds; speak for extended periods of time and hear sufficiently to communicate in person and over the phone; record, read and transcribe words and numbers with a high degree of accuracy; perform in a manner that prevents errors and omissions, maintain visual ability including close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and to adjust focus sufficiently to complete computer work; ability to write for long periods of time; meet expectations for attendance and punctuality; able to pay attention to details; able to concentrate; interact professionally with other persons, cooperatively and productively; successfully manage a constant, moderate noise level; work independently; carry out assignments to completion within parameters of general instructions, prescribed routines and standard practices; successfully manage stressful work situations; ability to work overtime to meet multiple deadlines consistently.
- Must reside within the stated mileage requirement. Relocation assistance is not available for this position. If you are outside of the mileage requirement listed, a cover letter must contain details on relocation
- Candidates with experience conducting NBIB or other federal background investigations preferred; if there are no applicants with NBIB experience, candidates with 4 years of general work experience or a Bachelor's degree may be considered
- Active federal security clearance with an SSBI is preferred; otherwise candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorable decision on a NBIB investigation, to include 10+ years of history comprising items such as residence, education, employment, financial, medical, and personal records
- U.S. citizenship
- Ability to professionally and effectively interact with a variety of individuals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment with limited supervision
- Excellent organizational, scheduling and prioritization skills
- Maintain high level of confidentiality, ethics and integrity
- Proficient writing and communication skills
- Intermediate typing (40+ WPM recommended) and computer skills
- A valid driver's license and reliable transportation are required. May use public transportation if available and practical. Driving is an essential function of the job and Motor Vehicle Records may be checked as part of the hiring process or at any time during employment. Candidates with poor driving history will not be considered.
- Required to carry sufficient motor vehicle insurance, specifics of which may change from time to time.
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Associated topics: adjuster, automobile, casualty, claim investigator, fraud, insurance adjuster, insurance examiner, insurance investigator, liability adjuster, title examiner