Security Officer (7692)
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by U.S. Security Associates
Join the largest security services company in North America with over 200,000 other security professionals and the best in class industry training.
Security Officer needed with Nevada State active Guard Card!!
NV PILB Lic.#152
Currently, we're expanding our team, in Las Vegas Area search of the next STAR to join our Officer Force...You!
Does this sound like you?
- Friendly, outgoing and helpful, standing ready to assist
- Able to verbally de-escalate situations
- Professional and driven with a focus on career advancement
- Desire to preserve a Safe. Secure. Friendly. environment for our clients, people and the communities we serve.
- Willingness to advance your skill set and become a safety and security STAR!
- Must be 18 years or older
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Current active State Guard Card is required
- Must be proficient and able to communicate in English
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be comfortable serving the public
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Must have have current State drivers license
- Have a reliable means of communication (i.e. home phone, cell phone)
- Ability to work overtime and on various shifts as needed; including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Ability to work outside in a variety of weather conditions depending on the assignment
- Ability to walk-up and down stairs, stand for long periods of time sometimes in excess of eight hours
- Ability to comprehend numerous policies, procedures, and concepts in order to respond appropriately to various situations
- Must comply with USA appearance standards:
- Your hair mus be neatly cut and groomed. Hair color must be one decent hair color.
- Refrain from wearing earrings, necklaces or jewelry worn in the nose, eyebrows, lips, tongues, or other extremities by men or women while on duty.
- Your face must be clean-shaven except that neatly trimmed mustaches my abe worn unless there is a client requirement prohibiting them. Reasonable accommodation based on race, religious belief or for disability will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Watches for irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contacts emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel as required.
- Remains alert for the presence of unauthorized persons and/or security code violators, as required, until police arrive.
- Patrols assigned area on foot, on bicycle, or in motor vehicle, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security
- Examines doors, windows, and gates to ensure security; uses client keys to open an close certain areas; monitors closed areas for unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activities.
- Prepares routine, standardized reports
- Former and current military, law enforcement, and or certified security professionals
- Recent grads, and or career minded people looking for career advancement
- Award winning training, development and recognition programs - SecuritySTARS
- Recognize high performance Associates as STARS, rewarding their best efforts through our annual awards programs
- Opportunity to build your reputation and career alongside a highly-trained, award winning Officer Force.
- Access to the most innovative technology in the safety and security services industry.
- Benefits and awards program
- Competitive pay
- Flexible schedule and locations
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an at will employment relationship.
Associated topics: casino, loss control, monitor, patrol, protection, public safety, safety report, security officer, tsa, university