Lead Cyber Security Solutions Engineer
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Request Technology - Anthony Honquest
Lead Cyber Security Solutions Engineer
Prestigious Firm is seeking a Lead Cyber Security Solutions Engineer. This position is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of enterprise information security solutions (such as authentication and authorization, public key infrastructure, data loss prevention, and security event information management) to address the current and emerging security needs of the business.
This role requires the proactive identification and solution of some of the most complex enterprise-scale information security problems. The lead cybersecurity Solutions Engineer researches, designs, and develops new technologies, architectures, and security products that will support security requirements for the enterprise and its customers, business partners, and vendors. The person in this role will contribute to the development and execution of strategic information security architecture to enable effective business operations, manage enterprise risk, and address business or regulatory issues.
In addition to being an individual contributor, the lead cybersecurity Solutions Engineer contributes to the development and maintenance of information security strategy and architecture by analysing business impact and exposure and working with other IT Architects and security specialists to ensure adequate security solutions are in place throughout all IT systems and platforms to mitigate identified risks sufficiently, and to meet business objectives and regulatory requirements. The candidate should have a breadth of technical experience and some leadership/client service expertise as the role requires the constant communication and customer interfacing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Design, build, and lead a team that ensures the security of enterprise data and systems by developing enterprise information security solutions.
2. Create and update a view of IT assets, related attack surfaces, and threat actors to illustrate the flow of data and associated security threats.
3. Researches, designs, and develops new enterprise technologies, architectures, and security products that will support security requirements for the enterprise and its customers, business partners, and vendors.
4. Serves as a security expert in application development, database design, network, and/or platform (operating system) efforts, helping project teams comply with enterprise and IT security policies, industry regulations, and best practices.
5. Analyzes business impact and exposure based on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities, and risks and contributes to the development and maintenance of information security strategy and architecture.
6. Engages with security specialists, enterprise architects and other functional area architects to ensure adequate enterprise security solutions are in place to sufficiently mitigate identified risks, and to meet business objectives and regulatory requirements.
7. Serve as a cybersecurity subject matter expert, assessing the business impact of cybersecurity risks to the enterprise and identifying options and recommendations for mitigating those risks.
8. Work with Enterprise Architects and other functional area architects and security specialists to ensure adequate security solutions are in place throughout all IT systems and platforms to mitigate identified risks sufficiently and support business objectives.
9. Serve as an expert in platform, application, storage, network, virtualization, cloud and mobile security best practices.
10. Exercise thought leadership in the creation and maintenance of security architectures.
11. Lead all resource planning, engagement management, and service development/improvement initiatives for this area.
12. Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with co-workers, management, internal and external customers and partners.
13. Communicate cybersecurity risks and solutions to various technical and non-technical audiences and levels of management.
14. Maintain communication with management regarding development within areas of assigned responsibilities and perform special projects as required or requested.
15. Develop strong working relationships with and offer continuous assistance and thought leadership to other leaders in the information technology organization.
16. Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers and business partners in the information security industry. As needed, draft and negotiate professional services contracts, statements of work, and technology acquisition & support agreements.
17. Continuously track and report the status of all development efforts through boardroom-quality visual communication deliverables.
18. Educate, coach, and mentor all members of the team on technical, interpersonal, team dynamics, company policy & procedure, enterprise business model and other topics.
19. Maintain complete confidentiality of company business.
20. Comply with HIPAA, Diversity Principles, Corporate Integrity, Compliance Program policies and other applicable corporate and departmental policies.
CORE COMPETENCIES/KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. A strong, complete, and working understanding of architecture-level information security and appropriate use enforcement technology solutions including advanced malware detection/prevention, mobile device virtualization/MDM, cloud security management, structured and unstructured database encryption, mobile application and remote API security, fine-grained application authorization and access control, security event visualization, big data user and entity behavior analytics, active adversary deception, and others.
2. A strong working understanding of contemporary security theory and application (including vulnerabilities, exploitation techniques and attack vectors).
3. Strong understanding of systems development life cycle to lead multifunctional projects or initiatives.
4. Knowledge of laws, regulations, and standards relevant to the US Healthcare industry.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including technical writing, documentation development, process mapping, and visualization). Must be able to effectively communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
6. Externally recognized information security industry thought leadership and innovation accomplishments desired but not required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING REQUIRED
1. Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field (or equivalent work experience).
2. A widely-recognized technical certification such as GIAC or CISSP is strongly preferred.
3. Minimum 8 years of combined hands-on IT and security architecture development and implementation work experience with a broad exposure to infrastructure/network and multi-platform environments. Requires expert knowledge of security principles, issues, techniques and implications across all existing computer platforms..
4. Minimum 2 years of experience in information security solution engineering or security service delivery.
5. Minimum 2 years of leadership experience with planning and managing security implementations and/or leading a team of technical resources. This role will require the management of several (2 to 4) concurrent large-scale enterprise wide information technology capability development projects.
COMMUNICATION & INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
o Must be able to understand fairly complex written and oral instructions
o Ability to clearly present complex/technical subjects and findings to non-technical staff and management
o Exceptional technical writing skills including documentation development, process mapping, and visualization
o Ability to communicate technical concepts and think on the fly'
o Ability to create and deliver impactful presentations
o Ability to interact well with co-workers and outside contacts
o Frequent contact with various levels of client and Company IT resources and other knowledgeable resources in the applications development arena, as well as Business Partner contact to identify current and future business requirements
External (if applicable):
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS-PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS; MACHINES AND/OR EQUIPMENT USED
- PC literacy required; MSOffice skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Regularly required to work standard office equipment (personal computer, photocopy machine, fax machine, etc.)
- Ability to work on a computer up to 7 hours a day
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to maintain consistent, regular attendance
- Ability to report to perform tasks in a physical work office environment.
United Placement Solutions