Senior Network Monitoring Engineer
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Permanent Full time role*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Sr. Network Monitoring Engineer with Scripting experience. Candidate will be involved in the planning, selection, build, and maintenance of high quality technology solutions that meet defined and emerging business capability needs in a cost effective way. Candidate will partner with IT Security Analysts and Enterprise Architects to establish, understand, and adhere to technical and IT security standards, and will be involved in all aspects of the technology life cycle to ensure that non-functional and functional requirements are adhered to in design and build so solutions are stable, secure, resilient, and perform well. Technologies will include: Splunk, Zenoss, HP SiteScope, HP BSM and modern coding languages along with knowledge about Service Management, CMDB, DevOps, Agile, ITIL and GitLab.
- Design, build, implement, and support IT solutions.
- Ensures that systems are maintained and supported to run effectively in production.
- Ensure IT solutions meet requirements for security, availability, capacity, resiliency, and performance in a way that is efficient and supportable, reducing overall support costs.
- Understand industry leading solutions and trends for assigned technologies and applying those as appropriate.
- Understand business needs and partnering with appropriate IT counterparts to recommend technology solutions.
- Establish and maintain an IT multi-year strategy with a focus on continuous improvement. Create and maintain solutions architecture artifacts and other strategy and system documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Information Systems or engineering fields, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in engineering various open source and commercial monitoring tools (Splunk, Zenoss, HP SiteScope, HP BSM, Dynatrace, Big Panda, PagerDuty, etc.).
- Experience with various modern application frameworks such as Microsoft Azure, Pivotal Web Services and AWS.
- Experience in the fields of Agile, DevOps, infrastructure engineering, systems engineering, or site reliability engineering.