Data Center Operations Manager
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Permanent Full time role*
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Data Center Operations Manager. Candidate will mage over the onsite operational support for computer hardware in the production data centers. Data Center staff are accountable for the installation, cabling and removal of IT hardware, and will encompass the incident, change and problem management. Candidate will lead teams to ensure Data Center availability, quality and capacity standards are maintained.
- Provide leadership to the data center support teams with a broad set of responsibilities; manage tactical and strategic activities while focusing on continuous improvement.
- Responsible for timely execution of all data center services such as remote hands, customer installs, and service requests.
- Provides 24 x 7 on-call emergency response & support as necessary for incident management and data center emergency response to maintain the highest level of integrity and availability.
- Work and partner closely with business partners, project managers and engineering teams to deliver solutions to stakeholders in a timely manner
- Delivery and leadership: will have accountability for multiple activities, such as employee hiring, development, performance management, recognition and succession planning
- Builds long-term relationships within team and peers by creating an environment of safety and innovation
- Executes HR-related processes and develops staff through coaching and mentoring and providing specific, timely, open, honest, and constructive performance feedback.
- Establish performance and capacity benchmarks, conduct analyses and prepare reports on all aspects of the data center operations and maintenance.
- Accountable to maintain and evolve internal operational policy and procedural reference documents.
- Ensures compliance of the data center with PCI DSS, ISO 270001, and up-time M&O. Support various audits in relation of this accreditation.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ year's professional experience in a data center environment - proficiency in one or more:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Cisco - Cisco Certified Network Associate
- BICSI - Certified Data Centre Management Professional (CDCMP)
- WAN/LAN, Storage
- Windows/Linux Servers/Virtualization
- Cloud based technologies
- Knowledge of Security Compliance regulations
- Proficient in project management
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing CoLo datacenters as well as infrastructure cloud migrations
- Strong leadership skills - including team building, empower and delegate authority, ability to build rapport and consensus across 24x7 environment.
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure architecture & associated operational requirements
- Hardware installation knowledge - rack, stack, cabling (fiber, copper requirements)
- Working knowledge of ITIL processes - Change, Incident, Problem and release management
- Solid Understanding of Critical Electrical and Mechanical/HVAC equipment