Product Support Engineer
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by UTC Aerospace Systems
Save This JobJob is Saved
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Req ID 72855BR Date posted 09/19/2018 City Monroe
State/Province North Carolina
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That?s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn?t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
- Supports value stream by ensuring test rigs are functioning properly, provide technical clarity on repair manuals, and support product daily output is met.
- Drive a systematic problem solving, process improvement, and value enhancement approach utilizing ACE and engineering principles.
- Develop inspection plans, tear down plans, fault isolation plans, and any other investigation plans in support of investigating product failures.
- Must possess ability to creatively resolve problems and issues.
- Design, develop and test all electrical manufacturing process.
- Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications.
- Use engineering principles to design products such as test rigs and fixtures.
- Coordinate implementation of Component Maintenance Manuals, Service Bulletins, Service Letters, and other airline directives.
- Prepare and conduct product maintenance and overhaul training.
- Ability to be flexible (change priorities as-needed), hands-on, analytical, and intuitive.
- Work with some supervision and guidance to perform tasks of substantial complexity and be capable of leading.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Work and coordinate with cross-functional team to resolve technical issues.
- Minimum of 5 years of systems engineering or related experience.
- Fundamental circuit design skills and knowledge of analog and digital circuits.
- Experience in analysis and electrical schematics layout.
- Experience in fabrication, operations, installation and/or repair of mechanical products.
- Proficiency in Autodesk Inventor or similar software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office such as Word, Access, Powerpoint and Excel.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships, positive attitude both internally and externally, while maintaining client service orientation.
- Passed Fundamentals of Engineering or Engineer in Training exam.
- Aerospace industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in System, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification.
- Master's degree System, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to [Click Here to Email Your Resum?] .