Field Engineer - Industrial
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by Job Juncture
Our mission is to provide quality design-build and construction services to our clients.
Our Company has been providing architectural, engineering, construction management, general contracting and start-up services since 1976. Our clients include industrial, educational, commercial and Fortune 500 manufacturing companies, multinational companies and other private clients. We have offices in Kentucky and Tennessee.
We have completed projects for such notable clients as Kroger, Sun, Toyota, Electrolux & many other industrial companies in 38 states. Our primary focus has been to provide creative and efficient solutions for our customers' needs in order to create long-term relationships resulting in repeat business.
We regularly performs large-scale design-build projects in a multi-state region. We have a permanent staff of professional and trade personnel located in our two offices. Our staff is committed to providing strong leadership and quality services for the benefit of our clients.
Job Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to:)
The Field Engineer (Assistant Project Manager) is responsible for defining project scope and objectives, coordinating activities of a project team, identifying resources and ensuring the proper execution of a project or multiple projects.
- The FE / APM develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports.
- The FE / APM will participate in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation ensuring that the work is performed to client's requirements and in accordance with our safety standards.
- The FE / APM manages projects from start to finish, including managing changes to scope, schedule and budget and work with internal personnel to appropriately staff project.
- The FE / APM is also responsible for preparing documentation such as scope of work, contracts, purchase orders, reports and budgets, project tracking and analysis in order to take action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
• Industrial / Commercial project construction experience required.
• Minimum 4+ years Project Field experience as Field Eng., Assistant Project Manager (APM) or similar role.
• Experience with cradle-to-grave project management of Industrial Construction, Manufacturing and/or similar projects necessary.
• Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
• Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
• Superior time management skills.
• Extremely organized with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
• Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
• Ability to maintain professional tact in a fast-paced work environment with internal personnel and clients.
• Must pass drug test and background checks.
• Ability to travel.
• Must possess a four-year degree with a major in Project or Construction Management, Business, Engineering or similar field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Strong business acumen and proven ability to effectively interact with all organizational levels in a multicultural environment and build strong, trusted relationships.
• Excellent consulting and conflict management skills and experience working with senior executives.
• Ability to function independently, with minimal supervision, and thrive within a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment.
• Advanced level skills using Procore, Timberline, Bluebeam and MS Suite programs.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to quickly interpret data, identify trends, and recommend multiple solutions.
• Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities with professionalism and efficiency.
• Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus.
LOVE YOUR JOB! With over 1,400 recruiters, we have top notch career opportunities nationwide in virtually every industry and job function.