WAN Engineer (Government)
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by AT&T
* Reviewing and providing input to technical design documentation (TRDs, Specifications, Interface Control documents, drawings), Requirements documents (ICDs, CDDs, CPDs), ECPs, PWSs
* Organizes, analyzes, conducts, and/or monitors/oversees engineering activities relating to the design, development, fabrication, installation, modification, sustainment, and/or analysis of WAN Architecture, Network Systems or Network System components.
* Review and provide input enabling concepts, concept of operations, and ensuring supportability requirements are understood and met as part of up-front planning/design for WAN Architecture, Network Systems and Network System components.
* Coordinates and leads Integrated product teams (IPT).
* Record and report the status of proposed engineering from initiation to final approval to contractual implementation.
* Proactively provides technical expertise to ensure upgrade and modification requirements are planned and executed during the system life cycle.
* Provides engineering expertise to include proactively identifying and resolving potential risks, to program managers at technical interchange meetings, design reviews, program conferences, TO in-process reviews, VTCs, telecoms, working groups and informational meetings to facilitate informed decisions.
* Provide engineering expertise to prepare briefings, reports, informational analyses in support of prototyping and demonstration activities.
* Ability to develop/document/test/implement virtual network environments and optimize interconnection and routing between such environments and cloud service providers.
* Ability to provide a wide variety of acquisition/sustainment technical analyses, and program management support to a Program and Project Manager.
* Provides analysis of proposed costs, contractor Statements of Work, and technical content.
* Must be able to travel, if necessary.
Required Skills, Certification, Experience, and Education: Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering, System Engineering or Science and five or more years' experience in a WAN Engineer capacity.
Required Clearance: Must be a US Citizen and possess or be able to obtain Secret
Desired: Master's Degree in Engineering (may be accepted in place of experience)
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Job ID -5 Date posted 11/08/2018 SDL2017