Site Leader, Boston Red Sox Baseball Camps - Summer 2019: 2
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by Headfirst Camps
The Boston Red Sox Baseball Camps Site Leader will work on-site at each of our camp locations throughout the summer and will be the role model for all campers and staff ? showcasing unparalleled levels of dedication, integrity, and professionalism within the Headfirst Professional Sports Camps community. The Site Leader must always prioritize operating a safe and secure camp, taking personal responsibility for the physical and emotional well-being of every program participant. The Site Leader role requires the ability to not only coach your staff up, but also provide constructive feedback while working closely with the Headfirst Professional Sports Camps headquarters team to ensure that each ballplayer and team member on-site has a safe, enjoyable, and enriching experience.
* Manage Camp. The people have spoken, and we have been voted one the best summer experiences - therefore, we need a Site Leader that is up for the challenge of maintaining that standard. You will manage the day to day operations of your site including all on-site processes, safety procedures, our unique curriculum and of course, our team of valuable staff members.
* Create a Culture. We believe a camp is only as good as it's team ? and you are who we trust to lead this team to success. You will create a culture of excitement, teamwork, positivity, respect, and professionalism for everyone who encounters your site.
* Talk the Talk and Walk the Walk. As our Site Leader, the spotlight is always on, requiring that you demonstrate a positive attitude, clear and respectful communication, appropriate attire and grooming, and a diligent work ethic. You will guide daily All-Camp meetings and not just preach our "Lessons of the Day" - but live by them as well.
* Build Relationships. Being the face of camp means you are the first point of contact for anyone that steps foot on site. Working with ballplayers, their families, your teammates, headquarters, and facility partners to find solutions, ease concerns, and strengthen relationships is a crucial aspect of your role.
* Handle the Curveballs. At Headfirst we believe obstacles are temporary and embrace any challenge as an opportunity to improve. As the leader of this team, you will have to quickly think on your feet and deviate from your plan while keeping camper safety as the number one priority.
* You have:
* Experience managing a team of direct reports and comfort with public speaking (to parents, staff, and groups of ballplayers).
* A career or equivalent experience in education.
* Minimum three years of camp experience or experience in coaching and working with children.
* CPR/First Aid Certification, or ability to obtain CPR/First Aid Certification prior to camp starting.
* You are:
* Highly Motivated. A self-starter who approaches professional hurdles with a strong sense of individual responsibility and a sincere emphasis on team over self.
* A Coachable Teammate. You are a down-to-earth individual who has the desire and capacity to grow through self-reflection, and by both providing and receiving performance feedback.
* A Leader Through Action. Always doing the right thing is how we conduct business. You are a vocal, energetic, and enthusiastic leader who possesses the charisma, passion, and polish to serve as an ambassador of The Headfirst Companies.
* Passionate. Here at Headfirst we're inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere and want you to be too.
2019 Dates & Locations:
* June 24- June 28: Belmont Hill School in Belmont, MA
* July 8 - July 12: Hellenic College ? Holy Cross in Brookline, MA
* July 15 - July 19: Providence County Day School in Providence, RI
* July 22 - July 26: Oak Hill Middle School in Newton, MA
* July 29 - August 2: Shore County Day School in Beverly, MA
* August 5 - August 9: Location TBD
* August 12 - August 16: M.I.T. in Cambridge, MA
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers. SDL2017