Program Assistant II
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by YMCA of Greater Houston
Responsible for the planning, execution, and interacting with members and participants during daily activities for various age groups in the gym or sports field\. He or she is required to provide a quality experience to children and parents that focuses on youth development, including the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, caring, and faith\. This individual will assist administrative work pertaining to the youth sports department\. The incumbent will position themselves as a cause driven leader in this vital nonprofit organization\.
99. Promotes and incorporates the YMCA five core values and character development model in to all program activities\.
99. Assists and supervises program activities to meet YMCA objectives\. Expands youth sports program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans\.
99. Assist by transporting and setting up equipment for games and practices; monitors and purchases necessary sporting equipment as budget permits\.
99. Responsible for sports department inventory of equipment and jerseys
99. Distributes team uniforms and awards\.
99. Organizes and hosts season parties and events\.
99. Organizes and conducts sports clinics\.
99. Assist in developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with community organizations\. Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events\.
99. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner\.
99. Compiles program statistics\. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program\.
99. Determine program needs
99. Ensure registration and liability forms are complete and current for all participants
99. Strives professional development through reading, studying, attending webinars and conference etc\.
99. Responsible of staff certifications and upkeep
99. Perform other duties as assigned **YMCA Culture & Cause Expectations** Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture\. It?s who are, who we aspire to be and how we show up every day\. We are cause\-driven\. We don?t just show up, we show up with purpose\. As a cause driven leader you are expected to be:Welcoming\-Accept neighbors eagerly, warmly, hospitably, and as equal participants\.Nurturing\-To care for, support, and help develop through encouragement\.Hopeful\-Take an optimistic or positive view of future outcomes\.Determined\-To devote full strength and concentrated attention to the cause\.Genuine?To be honest and open in relationships with others\. **YMCA Cause Driven Competencies \(Leader\):** _Volunteerism_
99. Shows respect for volunteers by providing them with attention and recognition\.
99. Provides support and recognition to volunteers so they feel welcomed and valued\.
99. Builds effective working relationships with volunteers\.
99. Identifies and actively recruits diverse volunteers in keeping with the organization?s operational and strategic plans\. _Relationships_
99. Develops and maintains mutually beneficial relationships with volunteers, members, and colleagues at all levels of the organization\.
99. Proactively assist others in meeting goals by sharing information and resources\.
99. Puts the good of the organization ahead of personal gain\.
99. Welcomes opportunities to work in small communities \(i\.e\., committees, groups, teams\)\. _Decision Making_ _Project Management_ _Quality Results_
99. Partners with supervisors to set and clearly articulate goals\.
99. Focuses effort on high\-value priorities\.
99. Delivers a high value experience to members and participants\.
99. Monitors own performance against standards and takes quick and appropriate actions to stay on course\. _Emotional Maturity_
99. Demonstrates the ability to accurately assess personal feelings, strengths, and limitations and how they impact relationships with others\.
99. Accepts accountability for their own behavior
99. Takes responsibility for their own mistakes, and learns from them\.
99. Solicits and is open to performance feedback and coaching\.
99. Inspires, motivates, and touches the spirit of others by words, actions, and responses\.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily\. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required\. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions\.
99. At least 18 years of age\.
99. Typical requirements prior to first scheduled shift include:Child Abuse Prevention, Universal Precautions, Workplace Harassment & Bullying, Information Security Awareness; typical requirements within 30 days of hire include: CPR; First Aid; AED\.
99. Must possess oral, auditory and written communication skills appropriate for interacting with both children and adults\.
99. Must have a keen desire to work with children and have the ability to relate to them in a positive, patient, sensitive and non\-judgmental manner\.
99. Must have flexible schedule to work weekends\.
99. Must possess basic knowledge of sports\.
99. Must have 5 years or more experience\.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
Data not provided
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status\.
**Job Category** Sports