Financial Aid Coordinator - Enrollment Service Center
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by CUNY
Brooklyn College invites applications for the Financial Aid Enrollment Services Center (ESC) Coordinator position in the Office of Financial Aid.
Reporting to the Financial Aid Director, The Financial Aid ESC Coordinator will serve as a liaison to the ESC, the College?s one-stop student service operation. The Coordinator ensures accurate responses for all financial aid-related inquiries, and coordinates submission of paper and electronic documentation. The Financial Aid ESC Coordinator will work as part of the larger ESC team and collaborate frequently with the Executive Director of Enrollment Services. In addition, the incumbent participates in financial aid activities, including: Title IV verification, conducting workshops and basic advisement.
Duties include but are not limited to:
* Coordinate the communication and dissemination of timely and accurate financial aid information at the ESC. Respond to inquiries from students in a timely fashion and maintain student and administrative records in accordance with CUNY Records and Retention policy
* Coordinate the secure intake, review and distribution of financial aid documentation for processing, including hard copy and electronic submissions.
* Provide advisement information to students on all financial aid award eligibility criteria
* Perform Title IV verification for students selected by the Federal government (includes income verification, selective service compliance, verifying immigration status, etc.)
* Verify student?s satisfactory academic progress and requirements for state aid programs and federal Title IV programs
* Supervise and train part-time financial aid staff at the ESC with an emphasis on customer service
* Conduct financial aid workshops for students and parents as needed. Participate in college open house and orientation activities
* Represent the department on financial aid programs off-campus, as requested
* Participate in staff meetings and training sessions, seminars, and other professional development activities at the discretion of the director and/or senior staff
Bachelor's degree is required.
* Two years of experience with CUNY financial aid systems
* Ability to work evenings and occasional weekends
* Professional attitude, team work, ability to take direction and effective communication is a must at all times.
* Comfort with presenting information in a range of settings to a diverse group of individuals
* Exceptional organization skills, interpersonal skills and attention to detail. Excellent writing and speaking skills.
* Possess a wide range of computer programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, databases) skills
* Understand issues that impact working adults and non-traditional students
* Ability to examine accurately and implement or follow administrative operations and procedures.
* Ability to use judgment to utilize and impart confidential information.
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced and complex work environment. Carry out complex assignments, explicit directives and adapt to changing situations and priorities.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Coordinates financial aid procedures and activities and provides financial aid information.
* Schedules workshops, reviews applications, establishes pay cycles, disburses funds and resolves disbursement problems, and records awards, disbursements and returns
* Coordinates, verifies and resolves problems regarding the disbursement of scholarships and grants by verifying student eligibility, establishing pay cycles and reviewing pay-outs
* Reconciles accounting and disbursement schedules
* Provides data for financial aid and donor reports as needed
* Supports the College's enrollment management efforts by providing financial aid information to prospective students, their families and their high school counselors
* Serves as liaison between the college and direct loan providers
* Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Financial Aid Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit and click on the position. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a cover letter (referenced Job# 19747), current resume and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
December 13, 2018
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
*Job Title:* Financial Aid Coordinator - Enrollment Service Center
*Job ID:* 19747
*Location:* Brooklyn College
*Full/Part Time:* Full-Time