Live-in Personal Assistant for Disabled Uni Students
Posted on Jul 26, 2022 by Askjules.co.uk
Live-in PA /Support worker for Student Athlete in Cardiff
We are recruiting a team of Carers on behalf of our client, a 22-year-old, young athlete who is about to start his 1st year, studying Sports Conditioning Rehabilitation and Massage at the Cardiff Met University.
Join his team of PA s who provide his independent living support. This is a great opportunity to really help make a difference to our client s personal achievements and university experience.About Our Client:
- Will be studying Sports Conditioning Rehabilitation and Massage at the Cardiff Met University.
- Registered Blind and has Epilepsy
- Starting training for TEAM GB for Tandem Cycling
- Very sociable, has a very chilled, laid-back personality
- Enjoy sports, especially Football, Formula1 and Cycling
- Lives a healthy life, looking for someone who can support him with this
About the Job
This is a fantastic opportunity to truly make a positive difference to somebody else s life. To assist our client to achieve his goals and aspirations and promote his independence. You will provide our client's day-to day and academic support. This is also a flat mate type of role which goes far beyond simply care work, and includes all the fun things you'd expect a university student to be doing. You will need to support the client to complete his training program in the morning (early start) and then support him with his studies.
Our client is looking for like-minded individuals to assist him with:
- Health Care
- Sighted guide
- Academic Support
- Social Support
- Daily Living
- Housekeeping / Domestic duties
Care experience is not required as full training in our client's particular requirements will be provided.
Position: Live-in - 7 days on / 7 days off, term-time only
Start Date: Sept 2022
Pay rate: £150 per day
You are unlikely to have experience in every aspect of our client's care therefore full training in his particular needs is provided.
You will need:
- To be physically fit, active and interested in sports
- To be organised, patient, reliable
- To be able to provide academic support, taking notes, scribing
- To be professional
- To have a good sense of humour
- A mature and responsible attitude
- Good communication skills
- To be fluent in English.
- To be clean and tidy in both your appearance and ways.
- A full clean UK driving licence
You will be fully trained prior to starting, so previous experience of this type of work is not required
You must be able to respect our client's privacy and have an understanding of the need for confidentiality in all areas of your work.
If you would like to apply for this position, please describe your interests and why you would be suitable in your covering letter.
AskJules are agents for university students with physical disabilities who choose to employ like-minded Personal Assistants to provide their personal, academic and social support.
AskJules is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. All applicants must be willing to undergo the appropriate screening, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service