Associate Analyst 2, Sovereign
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by Moody's
- Contribute to fundamental credit analyses related to sovereign entities and multinational development banks to help manage the team's portfolio of ratings
- Support rating analysts in monitoring a portfolio of countries, forecasting macroeconomics and monitoring economic, fiscal and political developments
- Contribute to credit-related thematic research
- Develop, monitor and maintain analytical databases
- Support credit rating analysts in: creating graphs, tables, spreadsheets and presentations, collecting and presenting data and comparative statistics, formulating ratios, preparing and retaining documentation, drafting rating committee memoranda and related documents, drafting research reports and special projects, as needed
- Actively participate in internal credit discussions and meetings with external parties, including government officials and investors.
- Assist managers and rating analysts with ongoing and ad-hoc projects.
- Adhere to all applicable codes of conduct, policies, procedures and best practices
As a company, we pride ourselves on producing top-quality ratings and research, and being a leader in the market. By providing robust and high quality and consistent analytical support, the RRS department is responsible for producing analytical inputs in support of Moody's Ratings and Research function.
National governments are the largest capital market borrowers. Moody's Sovereign Risk Group provides ratings and research on sovereign and supranational issuers. Moody's sovereign ratings entail not only a quantitative analysis, but also a qualitative understanding of historical, political and cultural factors that do not easily lend themselves to quantification. Moody's sovereign ratings are based on a globally consistent and transparent methodological approach to assessing credit risk.
- Strong academic background - undergraduate degree, preferably in Economics or International Relations; Finance, International Business and/or Public Administration or similar
- 3+ years relevant experience in the Financial Sector, Government or Consulting; previous Macroeconomic Analysis experience
- Strong knowledge of Macroeconomic Principles
- Good quantitative skills
- Financial/statistical research capabilities
- Strong MS Office skills: principally Excel (including use of macros), Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Fluency in English is required
- Strong attention to detail; Highly organised and efficient; Consistently meet tight deadlines; Proactive and exercise own initiative; Work effectively and contribute within a diverse team.
- Graduate / Master degree, preferable in Economics, Finance, MBA, or similar
- Economic research or relevant Credit Research experience is desirable
- Proficiency in Spanish and/or French is beneficial.
- Strong technical skills in any of the following: VBA
- Knowledge or experience using Bloomberg, Facset, Haver
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at .
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email .. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
Associate Analyst 2, Sovereign