Associate Analyst 2 - Insurance and Asset Management
Posted on Dec 18, 2018 by Moody's
The AA2 role supports lead analysts in interactions with external markets, including issuers and investors.
The role provides an opportunity for the candidate to make a significant contribution towards the success of the RRS and R&R functions by providing a range of analytical support that contributes to overall credit analysis outcomes.
The role will focus primarily on one Line of Business (LOB), and there is the potential for cross-training, in supporting varying portfolios and methodologies in other LOBs, as part of career progression. The AA2 role provides a unique opportunity to develop strong analytical and professional skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry. Over time, the AA2 will review work produced by more junior team members as well as provide coaching and guidance.
- Provides analytical and research support on a portfolio of credits under the principal direction of lead analysts in the Ratings & Research function.
- Provides initial review and quality assessment of work products from more junior RRS team members .
- Performs holistic analysis of issuers and market and applies, with moderate guidance, relevant Moody's methodologies.
- Supports lead analysts in advanced and bespoke analytical tasks, examples include:
- Analysis of debt documentation; prepare rating committee memo; drafting of issuer and sector research; preparation of materials for issuer meetings and investor briefings
- Provide credit specific nuance and identify credit issues that affect issuer ratings for discussion with lead analyst or RRS Team Manager.
- Effectively and persuasively communicates credit knowledge and rating analysis rationale in both written and oral form.
- Periodically accompanies lead analyst to issuer and investor meetings, and may lead certain issuer discussions; supports lead analyst in ongoing interactions.
- Attends/ presents certain sections of RC memos in certain Rating Committees (primarily for development purposes).
- Develops and maintain an understanding of industry trends and issues.
- Performs certain routine administrative and other ad hoc credit-related tasks, as well as special projects as needed, under overall supervision of RRS manager.
The Ratings & Research Support department is responsible for producing analytical inputs in support of Moody's Ratings and Research function. In addition, this department will provide support for surveillance requirements and partner with R&R to provide the necessary support for issuer and investor interactions.
The Insurance and Asset Management team provides coverage on a diverse group of issuers covering numerous methodologies such as Asset Managers, Property and Casualty Insurance, Life Insurance and Insurance brokers. The team is currently composed of 17 RRS Associate Analysts and 17 Lead Analysts.
- Undergraduate degree required with minimum 2 years relevant work experience.Graduate/second level degree (Masters, MBA) preferred.
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills a must
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Familiarity with SNL and FactSet is advantageous
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Proven credit experience e.g. at a bank, corporate or investor (in related field) preferred.
- Progress towards completion of CFA preferred.
- Ability to create pivot tables, utilize vlookup and other advanced excel functions preferred
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at .
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email .. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
Associate Analyst 2 - Insurance and Asset Management