Asst. VP of Earned Media and Social Media
Posted on Dec 19, 2018 by Emory University
The employer is an educational institution.
- Reporting to the Vice President of Enterprise Communications and Reputation Management, a superior earned and social media team leader is sought to position the international research university among a range of audiences.
- Leads a shared services team of earned and social media professionals that connects strategic content with stakeholders around the globe.
- Understands how to shape original content to maximize potential for engagement.
- Expertise in recognizing news value inherent in research and academic thought leadership.
- Candidate will have excellent media relations skills, particularly in national and international markets.
- Knowledge of higher education and health care media a plus.
- In addition, the candidate will be a leader in social media strategy, including best practices in SEO and audience engagement through different social platforms.
- Experience in media training a plus.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- A bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or a related field
- Ten or more years of senior-level communications management experience.
- A master's degree is preferred.
- Superb writing skills, a sharp news sense, keen analytic abilities.
- Proven track record in successful national and international media placement.
- Demonstrated knowledge of/experience in mainstream, digital/online and social media.
- Experience working for a large, complex organization; experience working for an institution of higher education is preferred.
American Cancer Society
Sirius XM Radio Inc