Post Graduate Manager of Childcare setting
Posted on Jul 26, 2022 by Glenangels Childcare
New Opportunity to learn the role of Nursery Manager under mentorship of the owner/manager
Glenangels is a small Day care Nursery with an Outdoor Classroom on site as part of a Forest School for children each day aged 0 to 5 years.
We work closely with children to give them skills to build their resilience and learning over their time at nursery.
We are passionate, caring and trusted and our vision is to provide fun, innovative activities that children can really grasp, explore and experiment with. We learn, laugh, sing, create, make mess, build skills all together.
Glenangels is committed to safeguarding and successful applicants will be required to undertake recruitment checks such as an enhanced DBS check. We have received Outstanding with Ofsted since 2016 and we hold this still with a recent Ofsted Inspection.
About The Role
Key responsibilities of this role of Nursery Trainee Manager is to learn all areas of running a nursery through mentorship from the current owner/manager. The current owners/managers are looking for a person to take over their roles and learn the whole process of running and managing a daycare nursery daily. This is a unique role and we are looking for a hard working, ambitious, business minded and humanistic person to take this role. Some tasks are:
- Organising groups with teachers/practitioners dependent on staffing levels and children
- Maintaining standards, ensuring all tasks are completed by staff team
- Working with all groups of children when needed
- Being able to complete all tasks within the nursery
- Liasing with parents, organising events
- Opening/closing nursery and setting out the nursery environment
- Developing new ideas, writing Standard of Procedure Manuals ( SOP's )
- Coming up with solutions to problems/challenges faced within the nursery to ensure good outcomes and smooth running.
- Ensuring the nursery is well maintained and children needs are met
- New ideas in each nursery room and making important changes to keep all needs met to tackle any problems ongoing.
- Keeping up the known brand of Glenangels and the reputation it has gained.
- Daily checks, peer observations, preparing for Ofsted visits, keeping up with leglisation.
- Tours of the nursery of prospective parents or professionals.
- Covering nursery manager in their absence.
- IT tasks / writing policies/permissions/risk assessements, report writing, checking daily diaries to be sent to parents.
- Recording information daily.
- Ordering and Purchasing weekly supplies
- Recruiting and HR
- Forcasting and planning for the future
The salary is a starting salary that will be progressive with knowledge of the role and increased responsibility. We are looking for the successful person to be able to take over being a Manager within two years. The salary will then be in line with a Nursery Manager up to 38,000 pa plus or relative to that time.
To be able to carry out this role it is essential that you have the following characteristics:
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to learn and develop a positive manager role
- Delegation skills
- Team building skills
- Good role model
- Ambitious and wanting the challenge to run own nursery
- Drive and enthusiasm.
- A willingness to learn new skills under current Manager/owner
- Be a team player
- Awareness of the needs of young children.
- A committment to the setting and the role over a period of time as this is a permanant position.
- A willingness to make the nursery continue to succeed
- You may need to complete further courses to aid your role.
Why you may be suited to this role.You are leaving university/college and are interested to work in the field of childcare and management.
You would be able to build up to learning all there is to know to manage a small privately owned nursery
If you are passionate about achieving excellent learning of young children
Have the drive to manage others in the workplace
Are able to progress and develop and willing to work hard to learn this role
To respect the positive start Glenangels has had over 11 years and be willing and keen to allow more growth under your management
To work fully with owners to develop the business and to strive to take over from the current Managers with increased experience and understanding of the business fully.