Apprentice Copywriter with Amazon
Posted on Jul 25, 2022 by The Marketing Academy Foundation
We are looking for a junior copywriter to join the in-house creative team at Amazon. This is an amazing opportunity to work with one of the world s biggest brands, helping to produce advertising that will be seen by millions across Europe.
The entry level role is equivalent to an apprenticeships and will involve working on simpler tasks extending the capacity of the team members you will be working with while learning the various disciplines for marketing specifically copywriting.
SERVICES TO BE PERFORMED
- Ideating concepts for advertising campaigns
- Writing scripts for radio, TV and online video executions
- Writing campaign copy for emails, social posts and website - a mixture of short and long copy
- Assisting the creative team in writing further executions for existing campaigns
- Assisting the creative team in radio recordings, minuting takes and sending follow-up communications
- Assisting the creative team during the production of campaigns with ad hoc administrative tasks.
- Fluent English
- Excellent command of grammar and spelling
- Ability to write wittily and succinctly
- Love coming up with creative concepts
- A natural inventor and storyteller
- GCSEs completed
- A portfolio demonstrating conceptual and copywriting ability for advertising
- Basic computer skills and understanding of packages such Outlook & Word
- Strong work ethic
- Organised and able to organise
- Being a team player
- Genuine interest in marketing and advertising
- Willingness to roll up one s sleeves to get a job done
- Creative problem solver when faced with challenges
- Ability to manage a number of tasks simultaneously and to do so with an eye for detail.
Amazon is partnering with The Marketing Academy Foundation, a Registered Charity, who enable young adults from tough backgrounds to start careers in the marketing industries. The Foundation will help to recruit you and will support you throughout your year with us with training and mentoring from industry experts.
To be eligible for these roles, you must be a legitimate beneficiary of the charity, namely be aged 18-30 and to have had some challenges in your life so far. I
You will need an "industry-ready" portfolio or a body of relevant commercial work to enable a realistic assessment of your suitability for these jobs. These are entry-level roles, so we will consider those who have had a small amount of relevant work experience such as short internships but not those who we judge to have already started their career in marketing.